Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-18-19, 06:03 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Did anyone bite on this program today? Kate, you in?

For anyone who wants to know the code, it is NEW108, for a total of $108 (reg. $130), which expires January 1, 2020.

I am thinking about purchasing it...not thrilled about the 60 min. classes but think I can shave off some of the warm-up series minutes since I'd be probably using them more as add-ons. (It's easy to shave them off the UY classes).
Hahahaha...of course I'm in! I bought at 1 minute after they opened up the site for sales.

I am downloading as we speak and have already done the Cross Train practice plus Level Up Meditation and Pranayama.

LOVE IT!
Oh yes these are going to be more challenging than UY, but not overly so. Cross Train had some advanced options you can do. Nice flow class. Not too fast. Modify as you wish.

The Level Up Meditation was quite nice. Lovely harp music and Travis' mellow voice cues.

The Pranayama is FAB!!! Three different kinds of breath work - Breath of Fire, Powerful Breath and Alternate Nostril (Nadi Shodana) breathing. Excellent.

Good buy for me. I may end up burning the downloads to disk or just put on a Jump Drive.

music:

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-19, 06:26 PM  
laurajhawk

Thanks, Kate! Really, I was starting to wonder about my fellow VFers ... program's been out for hours and no reviews ... but you've saved us.

Can you provide some more info on the advanced options in Cross Train? Please?

I'm pondering: (1) will this be different enough from my other one zillion yoga videos to be worth it; (2) will I even do it, since I go to a lot of live classes and also spend some of my workout time creating & practicing sequences to teach. I do love Travis, and if the options are fun and interesting, I may buy it while the code is in effect.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 06:11 AM  
soulflower

How is the music? I enjoy Travis’ yoga in large part because I enjoy his music.
soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 02:34 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post

Can you provide some more info on the advanced options in Cross Train? Please?
Advanced options like Side Plank then lifting the top leg, then grabbing top leg and bending it back.

Side angle, then bottom hand down, top hand reaching, then into the bind.

Triangle, then reaching top arm overhead, then reaching bottom arm out too (core!)

I think there is a very brief handstand too.

All I can remember at the moment but they are pretty doable - so far.

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 12-19-19, 02:34 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulflower View Post
How is the music? I enjoy Travis’ yoga in large part because I enjoy his music.
Same cool, mellow music. At least in the practices I've done so far. Nothing annoying at all.

Old 12-19-19, 05:37 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Next up: Cardio.

Oh my. Me oh my! This will make your heart pound. Not unlike Cardio from Ultimate Yogi, the first half of this is different Sun Sals. Starts with some nice shoulder and wrist stretches to prep you for a boat load of Chatturangas.

A few Sun Sal A, then 12 Sun Sal B in a row - non stop!!!! Whew! I had to stop a couple of times..the pace is quick but not so fast you lose form.

After that you move on to some classic poses but still with a flow to keep HR up. Not as fast as the sun sals mind you. But a flow, like Side Angle to Reverse Warrior and back and forth.
Two times in between the more static stretches and flow there are Yogi Sprints which is nothing more than running in place/high knees for one minute each.

Nice mellow stretches at the end. Pigeon held for a nice long time.

Travis says this one will probably be the most challenging of the set. I agree so far.

I am tempted to go out of order but I won't.

I also did the Breath Meditation which is just a very nice, very basic focus on breath.

Yes, good music again.

I'll try to keep posting my thoughts as I go through these. I am definitely happy with my purchase.
I think they will be different enough from UY.

Stay tuned......

Old 12-20-19, 07:39 AM  
Richie

Kate,
What format are the downloads?

I'm very tempted to get this but I know I wouldn't use it for a while as I just got a year of Udaya.com streaming (incl Ultimate Yogi)!

It's even worse being a vidiot with these "instant" options!
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 08:05 AM  
Becky

I also purchased the first hour it was available.

I love UY and have done three rounds of it since 2013, so I was over the moon that he created this!

I've already downloaded all the videos and plan to start on 1/6/2020 when the FB group starts so we can all check in.

In the meantime I'll be doing 30 for 30 to get myself prepared.

It looks intense, but I'm super excited!

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 10:07 AM  
AnMrsDe

Haha, Kate, I knew you'd cave! After your description of Cardio, I'd thought I'd give it a try this morning. I agree with everything you mentioned. I really liked it and thought it'd actually be harder than it was. I didn't mind the sprinters or the mt. climbers (but I like those anyway). I did do the sprinters on my rebounder since I don't like doing high impact with bare feet.

The first half is the warm up series that includes all sun sals to 28 min. mark (which could be skipped if you're only wanting to do a 30 min. class, providing you're warmed up from a previous workout). To me, doing all would add toward a better calorie burn when done. They go at a fast pace but like Kate said, you can still keep your form good. I had to turn up my fan a notch, since I was getting sweaty! The music crescendos with the intensity like in UY and was very nice. I liked the setting better than Yoga30For30 since it is brighter (and the floors looked cleaner)!

There are very few stories in this b/c Travis is busy cueing since it goes at a faster pace, LOL. I loved his little quips and rhymes throughout just like in UY. This class sailed by for me but my wrists were feeling it at the end. I thought I'd get the "hardest" one out of the way, and was glad it was very doable for me. I had a 254 cal burn which I thought was good for a yoga class. Can't wait to do more!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 02:31 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Kate,
What format are the downloads?

I'm very tempted to get this but I know I wouldn't use it for a while as I just got a year of Udaya.com streaming (incl Ultimate Yogi)!

It's even worse being a vidiot with these "instant" options!
All MP4 videos. I did not have any trouble downloading at all despite high website traffic.

I have also played a couple right from the site and did not have any buffering or other issues there either.

I subscribe to Udaya too. I can't give it up. ;-)

Tags
level up 108, travis eliot, travis eliot downloads, travis eliot streaming