Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-31-19, 09:35 AM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker *November* 2019 Check-In

Welcome to the November 2019 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc. - or just join in the conversation.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 06:33 PM  
Sissy B

I just checked in and completed my stats for October on last month's check-in.

Leslie - I didn't buy any Halloween candy this year either. We bought a condo near campus for DD to live in when she comes back to school in January. DH and I were planning to come up this weekend, but I had to make a run up here yesterday to turn on the heat and wrap the pipes. When we closed on October 4th, it was hot so we had left the AC on and we weren't expecting temperatures to get to/below freezing so soon. DH had to work today and he has to work tomorrow so he didn't come with me. He didn't hand out candy either. He and the dogs stayed in the bedroom and watched TV.

I'm going to stay through the weekend and go to the Christmas Open House downtown on Sunday.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 11-02-19, 01:00 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Not much going on here. Our town doesn't change Halloween based on the weather - it was freezing cold here, so we had very few trick or treaters. The neighborhood trunk or treat was cancelled because of the cold.
I slept with an oxymeter on my finger two nights ago so we can see if that's part of the fatigue. I'm still exhausted all. the. time.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 01:48 PM  
Sissy B

Friday, 11/1 - 8016 steps/3.39 miles

Chrys
- I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. I hope you can get some answers soon.
Old 11-02-19, 02:48 PM  
dbclark44

Today - TM 67 min/3 miles; Cathe LITE PHA 2 Upper Body Only Premix; Mimi Solaire Deep Stretch Back

First time working out again since Monday. Took a good 4-day rest.

Chrys, I second Sissy's sentiment and hope you get some answers soon.

Sissy, I think that is so cool you bought a condo for DD. It also has the added benefit of you and DH having some place to stay when you go there.

Well, I finally caved and bought a $20 pedometer from Amazon. No downloads or Bluetooth capability. It does store data for up to 30 days which I'm ecstatic about as I am not so good at checking it before going to bed. And it tracks miles and steps. It should be here Tuesday so I can get back on track with my 10K daily step goal. I have really fallen off the wagon with that.

The pine needles are falling from our pine trees so DH and I will spend this month raking and bagging them. It's a lot of work. There are only 2 trees but man do they shed a lot of pine needles. I still love this time of year though.

Yesterday my friend Brenda and I had a Super Friday where we bowl, catch a movie, then grab something to eat. We used to do it most Fridays when I was working second shift. Now that I'm not working, it may be hit or miss, as she may be traveling or I may be. Yesterday's feature was Countdown. It's about an app that tells you how much time you have before you die. Semi-scary movie, but more suspense than horror. I recommend it. We ate at a local Mexican restaurant and the food was really good. I normally don't care for Mexican but had a hankering for some yesterday. Afterwards I went to a going away party for a former coworker. I left the house yesterday at 9 and didn't get back home until 5. Talk about a full day. Now today is just the opposite - inbound all day. Just staying home watching TV, catching up on some reading, and doing laundry.

Have a great Saturday ladies. Nice and sunny here today, temps in the 50s.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 06:33 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I've been under the weather the past few days--no workouts.

2lazy4gym has been reviewing Heather Robertson workouts. They are free on YouTube. I did one 30 minute strength workout the other day and looked at a few others. I was very intrigued by how she produces the workouts. There is no verbal instruction. Music is playing the entire time. She demonstrates a move for 10-10 seconds, then a bell dings and we are supposed to do the exercises with her for a period of time. A countdown timer is shown on the screen for the demonstration and the actual exercising time. These are workouts you could do with the sound off while you were watching something else. I think this might come in handy sometimes. She has a lot of workouts in the 10-40 minute range.

https://2lazy4gym.com/?s=heather+robertson

Deb, that's awesome about the pedometer that holds info for 30 days. So far my fitbit zip will sync with the laptop. There's a thread in GD that says Google has purchased Fitbit. Interesting.

Chryshope you get some answers soon

Sissy, congrats on the condo.
Old 11-04-19, 05:48 AM  
dbclark44

Sunday 11/3 - Park walk 21 min/1 mile

....and that is all I did. Intended to do 3 miles when I went out but my body wasn't cooperating with me and the guy was doing the grass making dust and leaves blow all over the place so I called it at a mile.

Cathe is doing split weight workouts this month in her November rotation. This week is Gym Style. Not too crazy about it but I know it's good to change things up when working with weights so will probably do it. Last time I visited Gym Style was in September. I remember I had to go a lot lighter on the weight because she does a lot of reps and she does different rep patterns that reminded me of Slow & Heavy which is on tap for the last week of the month. I will not be doing that but will sub in a different split workout. Even STS is preferable to me than Slow & Heavy.

Leslie, hope you feel better. It is that time of year for bugs, viruses and bacteria to be in the air and on peoples' hands. I was greeting at my church yesterday and when I went to shake one guy's hand he declined and said he had a cold. I sure respected him for that.

I bowl this morning and was up by 4 so may try and get it done before leaving. The time change is working on me. Went to bed at 10 last night so not too early. Have a great Monday ladies.

Old 11-06-19, 08:26 AM  
dbclark44

Haven't done anything since Sunday when I took that short mile walk in the park. Yesterday I spent with a friend after bible study. Took Sue to the mall so she could order another Sleep Number bed. She has a difficult time getting around and uses me as an anchor when she has to walk too far even with a cane. Then we went to Target and the scooters were all being used but they did have a wheel chair so I drove her around Target in the wheel chair. It was a nice day spending it with Sue. I drove her brand new car which has only 500 miles on it. Compared to mine with 119+K that's new.

My pedometer came yesterday so I plan to set it up and start using it today. Yesterday was sunny and cool in the 50s. Today is more cloudy in the 50s. Still good walking weather if my body will cooperate.

Chrys, I sure hope you're feeling better. I am praying for you.

Waves to Leslie and Sissy. Have a great Wednesday ladies.

Old 11-06-19, 05:40 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Monday I did Cathe Live #4 Cardio and Weights 1st half and yesterday I did the second half. I am really liking my Lives. Cathe even had me jumping around doing some impact moves, which is totally not my usual thing!

No workout today. My aunt called at the last minute yesterday saying another aunt was in town so we got together today at my dad's 1st cousin's house. The cousin is a 96yo WW II flying instructor and quite a character! Still lives alone and ran a 5k when he was 90.. Maybe there's hope for me running a 5 K yet. (HA!)

I need to make a point of getting out on the nature trail..............  
Old 11-07-19, 08:36 AM  
dbclark44

Wednesday 11/6 - TM session #1 - 66 min/3.01 miles; TM session #2 - 25 min/1.03 miles; Total step count - 12,699 steps/5.21 miles

I set up my pedometer yesterday. I used the standard stride for women that they had in the instructions so it may or may not be accurate. But it did make me get off my rusty dusty last evening to roll over 10K which rolled it over a lot. It tracks pretty well. I can clip, wear it around my neck, or carry it in my pocket. Didn't do any weights yesterday. Started to, but wasn't feeling it.

Leslie, impressive about your aunt. That is so sweet you got to spend time with her.

Cold cloudy and blustery here today. Temps not predicted to rise out of the mid 30s with wind chills in the 20s. very winter like day. I'll be going out for bible study in a bit. Going down now to get in a mile or so on the TM. Have a great Thursday ladies.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers