Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-04-19, 02:14 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

It's cooled off around here and may get down to 50 tonight! Hooray!

The roofers showed up yesterday morning and finished the roof today before noon. Man, those guys moved fast! :O

Yesterday's workout: first half Cathe Live Push Pull. Steps: 3,488

Today: 4 mile walk at nature trail. I plan to do the second half of Cathe Live Push Pull after finishing lunch.

Son Daniel is going to Kenya with Performers Without Borders in January and February. Jack and I may go visit for a few days in Nairobi, then take a safari tour.

I'm food journaling in MFP.

Deb, I didn't know much about family history until I took up genealogy 8 years or so ago to keep my mind occupied during my emptying nest phase/mom's final illness years. Kathleen's employer has a contract with the CDC, so it's not the actual CDC itself. It should be valuable experience for her.

Sissy, sorry it is still so hot.

Chrys, sorry about your dog.
Old 10-05-19, 07:23 PM  
cdayley

Tonight I did a 2 mile treadmill walk and Firm - Body Sculpt. Yesterday I had a headache all day. Thank goodness I didn't have to work.
Leslie, what a fun trip to plan!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 09:15 PM  
cdayley

4 mile treadmill walk for me today.

Chrys Dayley
Old 10-07-19, 07:24 AM  
dbclark44

Saturday 10/5 - Park walk 44 min/2.02 miles
Sunday 10/6 - Cathe LIS Total Body Trisets Upper Body; Slim & Limber

Yesterday afternoon I went to a fund raiser musical event given by a 55+ women group. A friend who is a member invited me. It's a great group and I may decide to join it next year. I didn't feel like going when I got home from church but went ahead and went and ended up having a good time. Glad I decided to go. Left the house at 1 and didn't get home till 9. DH didn't go. I didn't even bother asking if he wanted to because of football Sunday. Plus to be honest he's sort of a party pooper and doesn't enjoy himself much if he's around people he doesn't know and he would not have known anyone except the friend who invited me. She was so busy doing stuff for the event she hardly had time to sit around. I seldom ask him to go anywhere because if I ask he'll go but not because he wants to. I don't want him tagging along if he doesn't want to be there.

I haven't done this LIS workout in a while. She has core work in the second half of the trisets. Good workout. I went light on the weights and could have gone heavier. She used the stability ball a lot and I opted to use my bench because I'm noticing the ball is aggravating my knees getting up and down and on and off it. Sucks because I absolutely love working weights on the ball. My knees have really been giving me hell this month.

Leslie, that trip sounds awesome! So does your 4-mile nature trail walk. I haven't walked 4 miles in a while.

Chrys, great 4-mile treadmill walk to you too. Good job to both of you.

Bowling today. So I'm off to get ready. Have a great Monday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 11:41 AM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 10/3 - 7312 steps/3.09 miles
Friday, 10/4 - 9440 steps/3.99 miles
Saturday, 10/5 - 5243 steps/2.22 miles
Sunday, 10/6 - 3992 steps/1.69 miles
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 07:03 AM  
dbclark44

Monday 10/7 - TM 21 min/1 mile

And that was all I did yesterday. I'm gonna make an appointment with my ortho doc about my chronic knee pain. He's never offered me the option for oral arthritis medicine and I think I'd like to try that instead of injections to see if I can get better relief for longer periods of time. It's becoming quite an issue and is affecting my quality of life.

We had a blast at bowling yesterday. I love my other 2 team mates. We have such a great time and are the loudest in the league. We sure aren't going to get rich on the league so we make the best of it.

Columbus Day is Monday so we don't bowl. I decided I want to go see my son and family is Aurora over the weekend since they're off on Monday. I can go anytime, but they work during the week and I know what it's like when you're working. You get into a groove and although I'm family it disrupts the groove. I haven't seen them since August and there's no reason why I can't manage to see them more often now that I'm not working. DH doesn't want to go so I'll drive by myself which I'm looking forward to. I've never driven there alone and am quite capable of doing it. Just have never had to because we've always gone together.

It's 45 degrees out this morning. I plan to head out around 8 for a park walk and hope my knees don't flare up too bad. I also want to try and get in a split weight workout today.

Have a great Tuesday ladies.

Old 10-08-19, 10:58 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Steps last few days: 10871, 12689, 2763,11541. I've done the 2 Cathe Live Senior workouts the past few days. I'm heading out to the nature trail soon.

Jack and I booked a Kenya Safari tour for mid-February. We will arrive a few days early and visit with Danial and the Performers Without Borders crew before he heads home February 19 or 20th

Our furnace is out and will be fixed tomorrow. Reminds me of the days when I grew up without central heat!

I have several Skinnytaste recipes I'm going to try next week. One is a roasted cauliflower soup and the other is a chicken and sweet potatoes dish.

Deb, enjoy your family visit!
Old 10-08-19, 10:14 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a one mile treadmill walk and Fitprime Live Weights & Cardio tonight.
Steps: 12,851
Deb, the ortho gave me Celebrex to keep the inflammation down in my knee, so the cyst isn't huge beneath my knee. I don't take it every day, only when I can tell I have overworked that knee. It really does help.
Leslie, our high temp tomorrow is going to be 38! I can't imagine being without a furnace. I'm glad yours will be fixed quickly.

Chrys Dayley
Old 10-09-19, 08:46 AM  
dbclark44

Tuesday 10/8 - Park walk 56 min/2.65 miles; Cathe Muscle Max Upper Body Premix
Today 10/9 - Park walk 68 min/3.02 miles

Chrys, I plan to ask my ortho about oral meds next time I see him. I notice when I slow down my walking, my knees aren't as aggravated. So, I slow down my walking so I can walk further. Sucks though. I enjoy walking briskly.

Leslie, hope the furnace gets fixed before we hit the freeze mark. I think we still have a few weeks before that happens though. My house temp in the mornings has only dropped to 73 so I haven't had to switch over to heat yet. I don't switch until it gets below 68 anyway.

I'm off to get my monthly pedi. I started getting one once a month when I realized how jacked up my toe nails were getting. It's hard to do a good job yourself. So I budget to allow myself that small luxury.

Have a good Wednesday ladies.

Old 10-10-19, 10:16 AM  
Sissy B

Monday, 10/7 - 6794 steps/2.87 miles
Tuesday, 10/8 - 4103 steps/1.74 miles
Wednesday, 10/9 - 5808 steps/2.48 miles

Deb
- That fundraiser event sounds fun! I go to things without DH all the time. One, because his work schedule is so crazy and if I waited on him I probably wouldn't get to do anything and two, because while there are things we enjoy doing together, we do have separate interests. There are some places I don't like going with him because it's not my thing and I'm bored and vice versa.

I hope you can get some medicine that will give you some relief.

Leslie - Wow! That sounds like a great trip. And I hope you were able to get your furnace fixed. Not that I can imagine needing it right now. We're still in the high 80s/90 degrees here. I don't even turn on my heater until it's supposed to freeze.

Chrys - Do you get Columbus Day off next week?

I'm going to another painting class tonight. This week we're painting a horse in black and white/gray scale so it's a new technique I haven't done before. I'm really looking forward to it.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers