Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-30-19, 09:11 PM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker *October* 2019 Check-In

Welcome to the October 2019 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-19, 09:30 PM  
cdayley

Tonight I did Tracie Long's Studio Series Grand Total 1. I got a ton of steps at work today. I think I had an anesthesia hangover all weekend.

Thanks for the new thread, Sissy!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 09:43 AM  
Sissy B

Chrys - I haven't been under anesthesia in years, but I hate when medicine does that to me so I can only imagine.

My steps have not been great the past few months but I'm going to make more of an effort to get my steps in. My hand, while improving, is still not 100% and I am not comfortable putting my full weight on it yet, which means no yoga, pushups, planks or floorwork on all fours right now, so I'm trying to figure out what workouts I can do, or how to make modifications.

It may be October, but it's still hot here which saps my energy. I am more than ready for cooler temperatures.
Old 10-02-19, 11:37 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 10/1 - 5460 steps/2.31 miles

Not the numbers I would have liked to have reached, but I am going to try and record my steps/miles for each day though whether or not I get my steps in.
Old 10-02-19, 04:32 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did a Jessica Smith stretch workout before we headed out to tour the Stones River Civil War Battlefield and drive home. We arrived home last night. No workout today.

The Stones River Civil War Battlefield was interesting. My GG-grandfather was in the only Union battalion that stood their ground during the 3 day battle. The battle site is informally known as "Hell's Half Acre". GG-grandfather was injured in the shoulder by an exploding shell on day 2 of the battle. He was treated in the regimental hospital, recovered, and remained in the Army. He took part in Sherman's March to the Sea and the Grand Review of the Armies in Washington DC at the end of the war. We think Jack's GGG-Uncle was there also, but on the Confederate side. His unit was stationed in back of the main fighting.

Good news- my daughter got a job! She'll be working as a social science research associate at Battelle (big non-profit) in Baltimore. She's going to be working on a tobacco use study contract they have with the CDC. She starts October 14.

Steps: Sunday 10,679 Monday 8,136 Tuesday 4,859
Old 10-02-19, 09:35 PM  
cdayley

2 mile treadmill walk tonight. Last night was a rest night because we had a parent meeting at school.
Steps: 11,322
Leslie, congrats to your DD!
Sissy, I hope you get some cooler weather soon.

Chrys Dayley
Old 10-03-19, 09:48 AM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 10/2 - 5962 steps/2.52 miles

Leslie
- Congratulations to your daughter! That's great!

Chrys - We're supposed to have a "cold" front come through this weekend, but for us that only means that our highs will be in the 80s instead of the 90s. Not really what I would consider a cold front and still hotter than I like.

I'm going to a painting class tonight.
Old 10-03-19, 09:24 PM  
cdayley

Tonight I did Turbofire- Fire 55 EZ. My first Chalene workout. I liked her! Our dog is really struggling so it's sad around our house 😓
Steps: 13,397
Sissy, that's not much of a cool down!
Chrys Dayley
Old 10-04-19, 06:04 AM  
dbclark44

Tuesday 10/1 - Treadmill at the Y 42 min/2 miles
Wednesday 10/2 - Treadmill at home 21 min/1 mile
Thursday 10/3 - Morning park walk 35 min/1.62 miles

Taking it easy this week. Been pushing it hard last month, but wanted to do something every day as I'm still in the 60-day challenge. I'm at the halfway mark and still in it. Even a day like Wednesday counts where all I do is a quick mile.

Bowl today but want to get in a weight workout before leaving. Haven't done any weights since last Sunday.

It's finally starting to cool down here. It's 52 degrees right now! Hasn't been that low in the mornings since early spring.

Leslie, I admire you knowing so much about your family history. I know nothing about mine. Kudos to you for doing your research. Congratulations to your daughter. It sounds like a pretty interesting job with the CDC no less. Color me impressed.

Sissy, hang in there. Cooler temps are on the way.

Chrys, so sorry to hear about your dog. Is he going to improve or is he too old for any hope of that?

Have a great Friday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 01:02 PM  
dbclark44

Today - Cathe Strong & Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets

Got this workout done before leaving for bowling this morning. My knees were killing me after bowling today. Can barely walk without pain. Now I just need to rest them up for a bit.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers