Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-13-19, 12:58 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Well, when I first started my fitness journey, I did the Firm Volume 1 over and over and over again -- five times a week I think -- until they came out with Volume 2! I used to do Cathe's monthly rotations all the time and I did a round of STS. I've done other programs, but nothing all that memorable, I guess!

I'm pretty much in the middle of the 90 days of P90X and I find myself thinking about other workouts. I've really enjoyed P90X and had good results, and for a while thought I could see myself sticking with it for a long time, but....... now I'm not so sure.

Bubbles, good work on crow! I had a time when I finally got it, but I've tried it again recently and it's not happening, but I may work on it because it's a great feeling to get that one!!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 01:06 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Thumbs up

See now e know to to go to if the rest of us want to do one, also, I agree everyone is AWESOME that is trying to keep their body healthy.

This came to me because I was thinking of one of those ‘me’ walls. It’s good for I don’t know. But it’s good for something.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 01:11 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

I'm another one with exercise ADD. I used to complete FIRM rotations in the 80's, but the last rotation I completed as-written was CLX when it first came out. I don't remember what year that was.
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 01:26 PM  
deineira

Interesting and fun thread.

I've done STS, P90 X (2x), Insanity, KBKB Bikini Challenge (6 weeks, I think), countless monthly Cathe rotations - like years worth:-). about a dozen HDM rotations (used to do customs from him), 1 custom ART rotation, 1 Lauren Brooks rotation, YBB, 2 Peak 10 Rotations (both the DVDs and the online streaming one), Tapout, EBE 2, a P57 30 day rotation.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. I've also abandoned quite a few rotations. That would be a fun thread too!
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 12:55 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Agree.

How do you all that have done these series stick to it? Is it the instructor? Is it the length of the dvd?

I’ve tried but I get derailed for wanting to do something else or use another piece of equipment.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 06:01 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Agree.

How do you all that have done these series stick to it? Is it the instructor? Is it the length of the dvd?

I’ve tried but I get derailed for wanting to do something else or use another piece of equipment.
For me, it's pretty much all about the results. I get far better results (whatever--strength or speed or aesthetics etc) when I stick to a rotation vs meandering. I have noticed that meandering more easily allows me to choose the easy route. When someone else chooses for me, I find myself more regularly doing the hard moves and going into that zone that may be less comfortable. In my experience, that yields better results. I like results a lot
Old 09-14-19, 07:35 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
For me, it's pretty much all about the results. I get far better results (whatever--strength or speed or aesthetics etc) when I stick to a rotation vs meandering. I have noticed that meandering more easily allows me to choose the easy route. When someone else chooses for me, I find myself more regularly doing the hard moves and going into that zone that may be less comfortable. In my experience, that yields better results. I like results a lot
Same. I always make more progress when I follow a rotation or have some guidance from a trainer.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accomplishments