Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-10-19, 01:34 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Is it possible to download YouTube workouts onto an iPad? There are several of Linda’s workouts I like on YouTube. Some of them are available as downloads but I would rather not buy what I can get for free. I won’t have WiFi access for much of my trip which is why I purchased some downloads.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-19, 01:39 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Is it possible to download YouTube workouts onto an iPad? There are several of Linda’s workouts I like on YouTube. Some of them are available as downloads but I would rather not buy what I can get for free. I won’t have WiFi access for much of my trip which is why I purchased some downloads.
see this thread, page 1, post #5:
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=199626

it's not a direct "save" mechanism, but you might need to first extract it from youtube to a laptop, then save it to your iPad.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-19, 01:58 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Jeannine thanks for responding and letting me know about those workouts. The Burn it Total body and fusion mat series downloads I purchased are no equipment or use bands only (can’t remember) but the Triple Burn Series and Double Burn Mat won’t work for travel.
I checked out the Mat Sculpt and Burn DVD Set this morning and some of the workouts are travel friendly but I am not sure if asking her for the download on one of them is appropriate. I am also going to research the ones she has on her weekly special.
thanks for that info - I might need it in the future!

I tagged this thread "travel workouts" so that you can see others that might be of interest to you.

I'll also tag it for workout ideas if you're recovering from an injury once I find an appropriate tag that has been set up - this subject comes up. one of them was Margaret Richard's Getting Better - she was actually recovering from foot surgery herself when she made that video.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 10-10-19, 11:24 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Yes, I have Margaret's Getting Better and used it during my recovery.
Thanks for the tagging etc.
Old 10-10-19, 11:36 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Ok I should probably start a new thread but when I tried the Band Mat workout which is part of the Pilates Mat series I could barely do the pretzels. Is there a secret to this or do I just have to build up my strength? Any suggestions on modifications would be appreciated.
Old 10-11-19, 01:02 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Ok I should probably start a new thread but when I tried the Band Mat workout which is part of the Pilates Mat series I could barely do the pretzels. Is there a secret to this or do I just have to build up my strength? Any suggestions on modifications would be appreciated.
Yes - let's say you're doing the pretzel with your right leg on top, leaning to your left.

to make it less intense, lean on your left hand to support yourself, and roll your right hip forward. as you get stronger, you won't need to lean on your left hand as much. also, you don't need a big range of motion to benefit - tiny pulses is all it takes.

bending the working leg also helps reduce the resistance when doing the straight leg moves.

Old 10-11-19, 12:15 PM  
starbelly

Quote:
Suzanne Bowen has a pretzel tutorial on youtube.

I prefer to do standing pretzel as I find that the mat version irritates my QL.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 07:42 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Starbelly, thank you for the link to the video.

I did a few more of the workouts from Pilates Mat Series. Lower and abs which uses the ball. Some of the moves are good but some were kind of awkward and she goes too fast.

I also did most of Arms and Legs. This used the band and the moves worked the legs and arms at the same time. This one will be great for travel but of course I got this one on DVD. I hope she will have the download on sale soon so I can download it onto my iPad. This won't happen before vacation unless I am very lucky but I took video with my cell phone to record some of the moves.

I also realized that one of the downloads I purchased (Burn it total body) is free on you tube. Darn!
Old 10-19-19, 01:10 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Well Burn it total body (download) was not to my liking. Too fast and other issues I cannot remember right now. I wish I realized it was on YouTube before I purchased.
I also tried a few of the Mat interval workouts I got in the recent sale. The upper body one was too fast and the larger ROM moves on the outer thighs one were also too fast. There is a pattern here.

I did just do the Hotel Room Cardio Sculpt Lower body from YT and really liked it. The download is on sale this week and I might bite. I also did her Shape Up Band which is 49 min, total body and good for travel. It is on YT but she had the download for $0.00. I bought another download (Precision Mat which is a Pilates Circle workout) with it but she emailed me that the price was a mistake so I need to fork over $4 if I want it. Since I tried and liked it I probably will get it before I leave for vacation.
Does anyone know when she changes her weekly sales?
Old 10-19-19, 01:38 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I believe she changes her weekly sales on Sunday. However sometimes she’ll leave the same workouts on sale for a couple weeks and other weeks she changes them weekly. I usually start checking her sale page on Saturday and Sunday to see if she’s posted new ones on sale.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates sale, foot injury, foot surgery, linda wooldridge, linda wooldridge sale, travel workouts