Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-21-19, 04:58 PM  
diggerholliday

Well I'm liking Barre3 enough that I decided to sign up for a subscription and got the basic for $10 a month. Will not have access to new workouts or other bells and whistles but I'm fine with that
Not sure how long new workouts take to be added to the library but they have enough that I don't think I'll miss them.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 05:49 PM  
sillygirl

How did they offer the $10 option? Do you have to cancel your free trial first?
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 08:27 PM  
diggerholliday

Basically, yes. The option just popped up and I'm glad because I had started thinking about what I should give up in order to justify the $30 a month subscription.
Old 08-22-19, 08:55 AM  
Exercise Diva

I'm really curious about this. My subscription will be ending soon and I don't plan to resubscribe because of the cost, but I would definitely consider for $10 a month with access to the library only. I've always felt that $30/month for what they offer, in comparison to other sites, is too high.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-19, 03:12 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I have the $10/mo subscription.
I might upgrade if they do a Black Friday special.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-19, 03:59 PM  
SuzieC

Can someone let me know what the 10$ a month subscription includes? I'm currently doing mainly Essentrics, but I like to alternate with barre (doing some BarreAmped and Exhale:Core Fusion) and I'm curious about barre3. I used to subscribe a few years ago, and I think the subscription was about 10$ a month then before they revamped.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-19, 04:51 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

This is interesting - Barre3 initially tried to force you to go with their higher priced streaming. I had contacted them about just renewing at the lower "basic" level and they told me it wasn't available (several years ago).

Is the only way to get this basic streaming service to cancel a regular subscription?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-19, 05:27 PM  
diggerholliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
Can someone let me know what the 10$ a month subscription includes? .
Here's some of the little differences:
No cute stickers on a calendar to see how many workouts you've done but you can check out what workouts you have done under your account.
No weekly workout plan with recipes to try. You can still see recipes.
No access to their new weekly workouts. I'm not sure how often new workouts are added to the workout library.
The biggest difference for me is the limited number of 30 minutes workouts. Out of the almost 200 hundred 30 minute workouts you only get access to 20.
All the 40 min and 60 min workouts are available.
Old 08-26-19, 11:28 AM  
Exercise Diva

So, I sent them an email asking them about the $10 per month option and I'm getting crickets. They're usually very responsive. I'll reach out to them again. I don't even see the $10 package as an option when you look at the payment options.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-19, 02:28 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
So, I sent them an email asking them about the $10 per month option and I'm getting crickets. They're usually very responsive. I'll reach out to them again. I don't even see the $10 package as an option when you look at the payment options.
I had asked about it in the chat. Basically the woman told me it's not something they sell or advertise, but a downgrade option for those who are already subscribers. She really discouraged it and said it leads to having a lock icon on a lot of the workouts.

I'm doing the free trial right now, and I LOVE the 30 minute weekly workouts. I've done three of the them the last three days. The only improvement I could think of is that i'd like the music a wee bit louder, and also a Search by instructor feature would be nice.

Although I don't think it's overly pricy for the large library, it's a bit pricy for me considering I also subscribe to another platform (Essentrics). I gave up my Body Groove subscription (I also have quite a few Body groove DVDs), but still not sure i can justify 30$ USD a month for Barre3. I'll keep thinking about it, but for now i'll enjoy the trial!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming