Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-26-19, 11:15 AM  
laurajhawk

Too late for the deal, but count me as a non-mommy who loves this set. There are one or two workouts where the mommy talk is over the top, but in most of them, it isn't that noticeable. (And the intro video, IIRC! I could barely watch that and I don't think you need to watch it.) I like the variety of the set and the short workouts, and once I got over being annoyed by the instructor, I found her nerdy perkiness rather endearing.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-19, 04:18 PM  
PhyllisG

I love this set and have done a few rotations getting really good results. I don’t mind the instructor and tho I am a mommy my sons are in their late thirties. The workouts are short and effective.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-19, 04:57 PM  
ellaenchanted

I really enjoy this set. I don't mind the mommy talk. I am a mom but not to a toddler or baby.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-19, 10:08 PM  
dianestjohn

I got it for cheap on Amazon awhile back and I really like it - the mommy talk does not bother me, I like the instructor and the backgrounders, for me the 30 minute classes (I do 1 or 2 at a time) is perfect, there is enough variety in the classes to keep me interested, and the mid to high intermediate level is perfect for me. And I love the pretty pink and blue set! I’m really happy I bought it.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-19, 10:53 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I also bought this set cheap on Amazon. I think it was around $14 or so that I paid for it. "Mommy talk" goes in one ear and out the other for me. It's the workouts that I was not so crazy about for whatever reason. Just didn't click with them, I think. As others have suggested, try free workouts on youtube to see if they click with you.
Old 06-27-19, 07:22 AM  
upperwside

I like this set, just not the core workouts.. So minutes of abs is no fun nor necessary. I would do 2 back to back. I think the instructor is sweet and the mommy talk not too bothersome.. I'm a mommy.. But easy to find out. I think I'll have to pull them out and try them again next time I'm wanting barre.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-19, 10:09 AM  
suzannaerin

Nothing against moms, but is she just targeting people with kids? Not every woman has/can have/wants children.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-19, 10:48 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Nothing against moms, but is she just targeting people with kids? Not every woman has/can have/wants children.
Probably...it's an older set. Moms want to get in shape postpartum...and love short workouts.

I'm an older mom. I think her talk, plus the repetitiveness of the workouts, and just the vibe turned me off. But hey....we're all different.

It's so nice we can view clips before purchasing!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-19, 02:26 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I think it’s targeted to women who want to get back into shape postpartum but the workouts are good in general for everyone. I did one last night and the light weights high reps were really fun and effective.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-19, 03:05 PM  
try2bfit

Thanks for all of the comments. A kind VF (kathym) sent me the dvds. I am looking forward to trying them.
Jody
try2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fe fit, hilary chung