Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-19, 05:41 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
LOL, Sherry. I do like watching them as entertainment but there is no way I spend that much time and money on makeup. I have my makeup routine under 3 minutes now .
I like Dominque Sachse 2 minute makeup video. Gave me some good ideas.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-19, 08:23 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Well I pretty much wear no makeup and have close to zero hair and clothing skills which is why I thought it might be interesting and informative to see what's out there and maybe learn a 'trick' or two. A little savvy advice would be good, but I've no time for or interest in a multitude of products.

And along those lines... I miss the old What Not to Wear show! Is there anything like that out there these days?
Yeah that would be me. Pretty much zero makeup....and lately I've been doing nothing to my hair!

That said...I really liked What Not to Wear!!!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-19, 08:26 AM  
sherry7899

I loved What Not to Wear. I stumbled on reruns on a cable channel a few weeks ago, and meant to check when they show it.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-19, 08:38 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
That’s why I liked Dr Dray back in the early days of her videos. She was all for simplifying, using less products, which I think is healthier for your skin.

Most of the You Tubers use too many products. I think a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, a retinoid, and sunscreen is all you need, at least for topical skincare. A glycolic acid peel done by a professional would probably give you that glow.
I agree! And for all of Dr. Dray's other issues I still think her skin care advice is generally right on. My skin started looking less irritated once I simplified and cut out products that had fragrance. I also learned that there is little difference (at least to me) between high end pricey stuff and what you can find in the drugstore. And, in fact, sometimes the drugstore stuff worked better!

So, other than the fact that I tend to want to try different things, Dr. Dray's channel has saved me some $$ and improved my skin overall.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-19, 09:24 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I loved What Not to Wear. I stumbled on reruns on a cable channel a few weeks ago, and meant to check when they show it.

Sherry
I loved What Not to Wear, too! They should bring it back. I read an article by Stacy London, and she's had some tough times!

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/201...ney-heartbreak
Old 02-15-19, 12:14 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I agree! And for all of Dr. Dray's other issues I still think her skin care advice is generally right on. My skin started looking less irritated once I simplified and cut out products that had fragrance. I also learned that there is little difference (at least to me) between high end pricey stuff and what you can find in the drugstore. And, in fact, sometimes the drugstore stuff worked better!

So, other than the fact that I tend to want to try different things, Dr. Dray's channel has saved me some $$ and improved my skin overall.

Donna
That’s also why I like the Beauty Brains podcast. They really get into what it costs to make a product. It’s so interesting, I think you’d really like it!
Old 02-17-19, 08:48 PM  
aquakat

I like Pampered Wolf's Youtube channel. I think she is at least 40, and she frequently does videos that feature her mom.
aquakat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, drdray, hotandflashy, mature beauty, skin care, youtube beauty