Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-19, 04:13 AM  
Negin

What a wonderful thread! I have added so many new channels to subscribe to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I like Hot & Flashy, but she has had a few procedures, (as has Paula Begoun).
I agree with you on both. Oh, and by the way, I always enjoy your posts here and feel that you encourage me so much.
Paula Begoun's procedures seem to be over-the-top these days. She used to look far more natural and normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I like Dr Dray, but I know she's controversial because of her eating disorder. But most of her skincare advice is still good.
I tried and tried to watch her, but I just can't. She looks too unhealthy for me. I can't. I know she knows her stuff, but I had to unsubscribe. She also posts far too much.

Quote:
I think she's honest about most procedures.
I don't mind You Tubers making money from links. They do make videos with advice, so compensation is only fair.
I don't really dislike Angie, and I'm still subscribed. But as you said, she uses a lot of stuff, more than I want to use or think I need to use. She also takes a lot of supplements, which I’m not interested in.
Agreed on all counts.

What I do with most of the channels that I subscribe to, and I subscribe to many already mentioned here, as well as others, is that whenever a new video comes up that interests me, I add it to a "never-ending" "Watch Later" playlist. I try to watch one video most days. Not always, but when I have the time. I often give myself a facial massage while watching. Lisa Eldridge in her fabulous face massage video, mentions her mom and how she would massage her face while watching TV. I try to give myself a facial massage most mornings. I only add videos to my Watch Later playlist that I'm truly interested in and that are relevant to me.

I love Melissa 55. She's sweet, genuine, and kind.
Others that I like and not all are geared for mature women. My interests are mainly skin care. I don't like to waste my time watching vlogs. I'm also not interested in supplements, etc. I'm also not interested in workout videos, since I have more than enough of those! I like skin care, fashion tips, and aging hair care tips.

Caroline Hirons - a third-generation beauty expert. She knows her stuff.

Jordan Samuel -a former ballerina and now an esthetician

Gothamista - she might seem a bit cold and stand-off-ish at first, but I've seen a few of her videos and she knows her stuff.

Fabulous 50s - someone here posted about this channel, I believe. At first, I wasn't crazy about her, but I saw a really helpful video of hers the other day and now I've subscribed.

The Small Things Blog - I believe that she's a hairdresser
Old 01-26-19, 06:47 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post
I also like Jenifer Jenkins.
She's only in her mid 40s but I like her approach to health and beauty. Most of her recommendations are inexpensive except for tretinoin. She doesn't chase after every new makeup product and face cream like most youtubers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyB...II6Gdcg/videos
Thanks for the recommendation on Jenifer, she is my age and I have been on the search for YT people that are around my age. There are a lot of younger ones that I like and have good content but being so much older than they are, even ones in their 30's it's just difficult to relate to them. Jenifer also has hooded eyes, which I can also relate to.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-19, 10:27 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
I agree with you on both. Oh, and by the way, I always enjoy your posts here and feel that you encourage me so much.
Thanks, Negin!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-19, 10:40 AM  
Leonana

If anyone is interested in smaller channels, I also like these two, Glitzy Fritzy and THE LOVE OF MAKEUP. There is a Dutch You Tuber who I find interesting, Nikki Raven. It's fascinating to see what products she buys and how she uses them.

I also like house cleaning, organizational videos. My favorites are DoItOnaDime and Clean My Space.

Quote:
I tried and tried to watch her, but I just can't. She looks too unhealthy for me. I can't. I know she knows her stuff, but I had to unsubscribe. She also posts far too much.
I've watched her from the beginning, but it's harder now, as I'm genuinely afraid for her. But I have a fragrance allergy, including flower extracts and essential oils, and there are so few you tubers who recommend products I can use. From your skincare list, none of them work for me, because they recommend products with fragrance. I usually select the review videos by her that I'm interested in, and watch those.

Quote:
What I do with most of the channels that I subscribe to, and I subscribe to many already mentioned here, as well as others, is that whenever a new video comes up that interests me, I add it to a "never-ending" "Watch Later" playlist. I try to watch one video most days. Not always, but when I have the time.
I do the same thing. But I still get too many sometimes! I like Lisa Eldridge also.
Old 01-26-19, 10:46 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
When it comes to beauty, I like simplicity. I think all you need is a cleanser, moisturizer, Retin-A, and sunscreen. If you need more exfoliation, maybe mild scrub or acid peel. Diet, exercise, sleep, stress level, and hormonal balance are also important. For more serious issues, consult a doctor instead of youtube. No cream or serum is going to turn back time, despite what many youtubers want you to buy from their affiliate links.
I completely agree. I think that's all you need too.

Thanks for the recommendations, I will check them out. I also like Sharon Danley. She has encouraged me with going gray.
Old 01-26-19, 11:42 AM  
keilan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
...she is my age and I have been on the search for YT people that are around my age...Jenifer also has hooded eyes, which I can also relate to.
You should check out Stephanie Marie. Her eye makeup techniques are better, she is in her mid 40s, and she used to be a VF member. She also has hooded eyes but it's not very obvious. I was hesitant to recommend because the core of her skincare is extremely expensive, Skinmedica, and subtle Botox. She's a sweet person and her love of makeup shows in her videos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/stephb11/videos

I don't watch as much youtube beauty videos as I used too because I'm saturated and don't really need anymore skincare and makeup. I've gone the other route and have been watching more and more budgeting and minimalist lifestyle videos.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-19, 01:58 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
You should check out Stephanie Marie. Her eye makeup techniques are better, she is in her mid 40s, and she used to be a VF member. She also has hooded eyes but it's not very obvious. I was hesitant to recommend because the core of her skincare is extremely expensive, Skinmedica, and subtle Botox. She's a sweet person and her love of makeup shows in her videos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/stephb11/videos

I don't watch as much youtube beauty videos as I used too because I'm saturated and don't really need anymore skincare and makeup. I've gone the other route and have been watching more and more budgeting and minimalist lifestyle videos.
Thanks for the suggestion! I like what I see and I have subscribed!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-19, 03:21 PM  
Negin

Quote:
I have a fragrance allergy, including flower extracts and essential oils, and there are so few you tubers who recommend products I can use.
Sorry to hear that.

Quote:
When it comes to beauty, I like simplicity. I think all you need is a cleanser, moisturizer, Retin-A, and sunscreen. If you need more exfoliation, maybe a mild scrub or acid peel. Diet, exercise, sleep, stress level, and hormonal balance are also important. For more serious issues, consult a doctor instead of youtube. No cream or serum is going to turn back time, despite what many youtubers want you to buy from their affiliate links.
I agree completely. This is what I love about Caroline Hirons and quite a few others that I mentioned. Caroline Hirons cannot stand the term "anti-aging" or something like that I read recently. I just enjoy watching them and find them sort of therapeutic and encouraging to watch from time to time.
Old 01-27-19, 10:44 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Sorry to hear that.
It's actually not bad, I save a ton of money, lol. There are quite a few affordable products out there that are fragrance free.
Old 01-27-19, 01:44 PM  
Negin

Quote:
It's actually not bad, I save a ton of money, lol. There are quite a few affordable products out there that are fragrance free.
Happy to hear that .

Tags
beauty, drdray, hotandflashy, mature beauty, skin care, youtube beauty