Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-21-17, 10:22 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Anna-I like the idea of making up your own sequence . I have never done that. I've always followed dvd's or you tube.

I hope you are feeling much better today-hugs!

Sherry
Thanks for the good wishes! Much better today already. I've done a bit of yoga/meditation so this day is already off to a better start.

Yesterday was one of those almost-migraine/heartburn all day long sorts of days. I think it's weather and hormone related. (When the stars align, I feel yucky. )

Now to find a better book! I did get Shutter Island and one more from that list I linked to, the PD James, I think. Not sure I'm really in the mood for more stories that intense, but they were at the library, so I brought them home.
Old 08-21-17, 01:32 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
This is a timely post. I have totally fallen off the yoga/stretch wagon and need to get back on. My body feels so much better when I do it.
I could have written this myself!

I've started a few days ago on doing yoga daily again and already feel so much better! [I'm mainly focusing on 20-30 min practices with Rodney Yee, though I have so many more DVDs to go through! ]

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 01:36 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I need to really stretch out every morning. I use Jane Adams Gentle Yoga. I start with the 30 minute lying down on the matt routine. all lying down and fabulous. I have even noticed nice shaping results.
I follow it with the computer relief segment -about 15 minutes.
On another Jane Adams dvd -Yoga for seniors I use the Chair Yoga level one.

so I do those three segments, but sometimes I just do Gentle Yoga - lying down and that does everything I need to get up and moving.

good luck!
Thank you for this wonderful suggestion!! I received her DVD yesterday and tried the lying down mat segment. It was awesome! If the muscles are properly engaged, one can really feel this practice! Loved it!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
namaste yoga, restarting, yoga