Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-16-17, 06:38 PM  
Leonana

I've never had that happen. I've always had to re-enter the new card number. Even if it's the same bank, and the card just expired, I have to re-enter it.
Old 07-16-17, 06:41 PM  
Leonana

Double post.
Old 07-16-17, 06:58 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I've never had that happen. I've always had to re-enter the new card number. Even if it's the same bank, and the card just expired, I have to re-enter it.
As I've posted before, me too. Just this past week, I had to re-enter my new CC number for Netflix because my old card expired.
Old 07-23-17, 11:53 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

This is the response I received from Barre3 on Wednesday, almost 2 weeks after I emailed my complaint:

Thanks for taking the time to connect with us on the cancellation of your B3 online subscription. We took a look at your account and we're showing you upgraded your subscription to our B3 Weekly subscription on 5/26/16 which is why you were charged $300 on 5/26/17 when this subscription auto-renewed. We can confirm your subscription is cancelled and you'll no longer be charged for it. You'll have access to the online workouts through 5/26/18 and then your access will expire.

Also, after significant consideration and subscriber feedback, we've decided to no longer offer the basic subscription plan. B3 is a company committed to innovating often and always delivering an incredible client experience - and this decision is a direct reflection of this commitment. We've chosen to grow better and continue to evolve the B3 Online experience-- to help our clients achieve whole-body health.

We hope this clarifies things! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

The first part is what I expected to happen - I'm just stuck; but the second paragraph - their justification for dropping their less expensive streaming level - I think is just ridiculous. Oh well ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-17, 12:12 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
The first part is what I expected to happen - I'm just stuck; but the second paragraph - their justification for dropping their less expensive streaming level - I think is just ridiculous. Oh well ~

Carol
Wow! I think their whole handling of your situation is ridiculous. Poor customer service. I have previously subscribed to their streaming, but would *never* consider it again at their new price. I recently unsubscribed from their email list because I was literally bombarded every day by their emails. Very aggressive marketing.
Old 07-23-17, 12:20 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Wow! I think their whole handling of your situation is ridiculous. Poor customer service. I have previously subscribed to their streaming, but would *never* consider it again at their new price. I recently unsubscribed from their email list because I was literally bombarded every day by their emails. Very aggressive marketing.
I agree. I responded and told them that I thought this change in pricing structure was not about providing an incredible client experience, but was about making more money. It would be like only selling 1st class tickets on an airline - no one else need bother to travel by airplane. Let them eat cake...

Carol
Old 07-23-17, 12:57 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I did the same thing with the emails and subscribing. That comment about innovation etc. is frankly nonsense. After reading it to several people, none of us even understood it.

I'm sorry that happened to you, Carol. I have had something similar happen with another company a couple of years ago and they refunded my money anyway since I had thought that I had canceled but it didn't go through on their end. That's exactly what Barre3 should have done, in my opinion.
Old 07-23-17, 01:06 PM  
prettyinpink

I agree that sounds like poor customer service.

I have a gift card that was purchased when they still had the basic subscription. I wonder what they will do now: will they honor the full six months at the only available level, or will I get just a couple of months worth?

Has anyone tried to redeem one?
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-17, 01:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
I agree that sounds like poor customer service.

I have a gift card that was purchased when they still had the basic subscription. I wonder what they will do now: will they honor the full six months at the only available level, or will I get just a couple of months worth?

Has anyone tried to redeem one?
I wonder that as well, since I have one I bought last year.

Carol
Old 07-23-17, 01:12 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I did the same thing with the emails and subscribing. That comment about innovation etc. is frankly nonsense. After reading it to several people, none of us even understood it.

I'm sorry that happened to you, Carol. I have had something similar happen with another company a couple of years ago and they refunded my money anyway since I had thought that I had canceled but it didn't go through on their end. That's exactly what Barre3 should have done, in my opinion.
It's okay Cheri, knowing how things work, I didn't expect to get a refund - it would have been nice though. It's the change in pricing structure that bothers me - I know it's Sadie's company to run as she pleases, but I don't think it's a good strategy.

Carol

Tags
barre3