Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-17, 09:28 AM  
slockhart

YouTube Pilates Videos

Hi there! Is there any free content on YouTube that compares to Pilates by Lisa?

Thanks
Stacey
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-17, 09:32 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by slockhart View Post
Hi there! Is there any free content on YouTube that compares to Pilates by Lisa?

Thanks
Stacey
Well, nothing compares to Lisa, haha. Blogilates stuff is tough but the form pointers aren't there and it's Pilates-inspired with cardio added in. I have also done The Balanced Life stuff(pointers not as good, IMO, and doesn't click with me) and Jessica Valant(great pointers and cueing, not as tough as Lisa).
Old 05-04-17, 10:07 AM  
SandyO

I really like Ange's Pilates

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...lUCLGkcBybhHWF

She also has ones on eFit30.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...13715041280DA8

My favorite eFit30 gal is Sophie.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...0C_iECdYdgTWmg

Sandy O
Old 05-04-17, 10:13 AM  
slockhart

Thanks you guys! Cheri, I know you've moved mostly to doing pilates correct? I just turned 48 and have been an intensity junkie, however, in the last year or two, I feel like intense workouts actually make me gain weight/retain water (inflammation). I'm so scared though to break away from intensity thinking that I can't get results from just doing pilates.

Thanks,
Stacey
Old 05-04-17, 10:32 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Thanks you guys! Cheri, I know you've moved mostly to doing pilates correct? I just turned 48 and have been an intensity junkie, however, in the last year or two, I feel like intense workouts actually make me gain weight/retain water (inflammation). I'm so scared though to break away from intensity thinking that I can't get results from just doing pilates.

Thanks,
Stacey
Yep-that was me! At 52, doing Pilates by Lisa daily, along with daily walking, I am at my leanest, strongest, most flexible and pain-free in years. I was afraid to take the leap too. I broke my pinky toe in July 2015. I decided to give Lisa a try as barre was bothering my hips and low back anyway...and was amazed at my results. My body proportions changed. I could go on and on, haha. I know others ha Ed said they need more and everyone is different but it works for me and is addicting.
Old 05-04-17, 02:00 PM  
slockhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Yep-that was me! At 52, doing Pilates by Lisa daily, along with daily walking, I am at my leanest, strongest, most flexible and pain-free in years. I was afraid to take the leap too. I broke my pinky toe in July 2015. I decided to give Lisa a try as barre was bothering my hips and low back anyway...and was amazed at my results. My body proportions changed. I could go on and on, haha. I know others ha Ed said they need more and everyone is different but it works for me and is addicting.
Cheri, I know you've probably been asked this a million times on other threads, but do you just follow her daily routines? or do you make up your own?

I'm really nervous to give up my intense-ness, but honestly, I look so drained and tired when I'm working out hard; it gets noticed by my friends. I was sick for two weeks and couldn't work out, and I lost weight and one friend commented on how good I looked. I'm finding it hard to adjust and find a new normal for my workout life...

Thanks so much!
Stacey
Old 05-04-17, 03:03 PM  
Cpan

I love The Balanced Life with robin long. I believe most of her YouTube videos are in the 10-15 minute range but you could string some together if needed. She has a lot of past Pilates challenges on YouTube. I really like her style and philosophy.
Cpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-17, 03:08 PM  
Aunt Famous

Disclaimer: I have never done PBL.

Claimer(?): I like the Pilates Fix YouTube channel.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-17, 03:37 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Cheri, I know you've probably been asked this a million times on other threads, but do you just follow her daily routines? or do you make up your own?

I'm really nervous to give up my intense-ness, but honestly, I look so drained and tired when I'm working out hard; it gets noticed by my friends. I was sick for two weeks and couldn't work out, and I lost weight and one friend commented on how good I looked. I'm finding it hard to adjust and find a new normal for my workout life...

Thanks so much!
Stacey
I follow her weekly schedule. And yes-it was an adjustment for me but I just love how I feel now. You can always try it and see. I decided to do a month long experiment and then never looked back.
Old 05-04-17, 05:07 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post
Disclaimer: I have never done PBL.

Claimer(?): I like the Pilates Fix YouTube channel.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
I used to love Andrea's Pilates Perfect Body so I bet this is a good option.

Tags
pilates, youtube pilates