Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-02-16, 01:14 PM  
Cybersparkle

OMG, this looks sooo good!

Honestly, my heart sank a little when I saw the bricks, I like the UY natural wood setting way better.

However, the candles and promise of GOOD MUSIC might make up for those yicky bricks lol

My piggy bank is skinny & malnourished, but once he fattens up - this is a must

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 01:51 PM  
herya

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I just saw this on Facebook. I was hoping for a release date announcement
Definitely want to get this but would really like to know the price so I can know whether to add it to my gift list or buy it for myself.
I'd love to know, for the same reasons! I guess it depends on the number of classes too. I wouldn't expect it to be very cheap, and certainly not before Xmas/NY season passes.
I have only started Yoga Elementals a couple of days ago, so I can afford to wait for any deals!
Old 12-02-16, 02:08 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by herya View Post
I'd love to know, for the same reasons! I guess it depends on the number of classes too. I wouldn't expect it to be very cheap, and certainly not before Xmas/NY season passes.
I have only started Yoga Elementals a couple of days ago, so I can afford to wait for any deals!
You don't think there will be a holiday special? Like, buy for $X before Dec 23, with the price going up to $Y after that?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 02:21 PM  
herya

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
You don't think there will be a holiday special? Like, buy for $X before Dec 23, with the price going up to $Y after that?
Well that would be great! But I also know that people are motivated to buy before the season and not as motivated after Let's see how it plays out!
Old 12-02-16, 03:33 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I feel like downloads should be cheaper than DVDs because the burden falls on the buyer to purchase the platform for saving them on (i.e., flash drive or your computer or whatever), however, that doesn't tend to be the case. I would love to try these out but the price would have to be right. The 30 minute timeframe seriously speaks to me lately!!
Old 12-02-16, 03:49 PM  
momofcha

He's got my attention....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 04:22 PM  
missmomus

I love Travis, but I'm a bit lukewarm about Lauren as an instructor (she's pleasant enough, but doesn't really motivate me the way Travis and his personality does). I wonder if the instruction is split 50/50...I would most likely use his classes a lot more. Well, everything depends on the price...I am pretty happy with my Udaya membership, but these do look really good.
missmomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 05:47 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
He's got my attention....
Me too!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-16, 12:56 PM  
herya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I feel like downloads should be cheaper than DVDs because the burden falls on the buyer to purchase the platform for saving them on (i.e., flash drive or your computer or whatever), however, that doesn't tend to be the case. I would love to try these out but the price would have to be right. The 30 minute timeframe seriously speaks to me lately!!
Yes, and I also feel that digital programs compete with subscription sites here too: if you want a 30 day challenge, you can spend $129 on Erin Motz, or unspecified amount on Travis and Lauren's program, or $12-20 for a month of Udaya/YogaGlo/Yogatoday etc (I'm sure they'll all be coming up with NY challenges), or indeed you can have it for free on multiple YouTube channels...
Old 12-03-16, 02:28 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Just remember that yes, you are storing your copy of whatever download you purchased, but the vendor has to maintain a site where people get the downloads -- that is not free, and they have to do it 24x7 even though they are selling a fraction of that time. Granted, they make the video once and sell it multiple times, so there's good margin there if they have a good seller, but there are costs associated. For youtube we pay by watching ads, unless we use ad blockers, but that's a whole 'nother thing.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lauren eckstrom, travis eliot, yoga 30 for 30