Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-13-16, 12:54 PM  
sdr06

Step Workout from Amy Bento Ross

So excited for a new Workout from Amy Bento Ross...and that she still plans to offer it as a DVD! She posted this to her Facebook page yesterday:

Some Updates from me regarding media workouts;👊💪💪 I have a new website which be published in mid September. When the website is published my pre-sale will open for my new step workout being filmed in September. Details will be on the site along with some reversal footage and photos. The workout will be offered in both DVD and download. I plan to make all of the DVDs I own into downloadable media and place it on my site within the year if my schedule allows, including some DVDs I have discontinued. If you order from my site you will be getting me as your customer service rep My pre-sale will not be offered on any other site but mine and I will be shipping the DVDs myself. I hope you are as excited as I am. The last time I released a DVD was 2012 so it's been a long time coming! Thanks for your support everyone it means so much to me.

DVD details at this point - two different step workouts one a sweaty athletic routine and the other more advanced choreography. Both workouts will be 40 minutes in length and I will make it worth your time and investment.
I do need a name for my workout what do you think?

Health and happiness to you all,
Amy
sdr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-16, 01:13 PM  
muggle

I've always been interested in her step workouts but have heard the choreography is very complex. I like her as a trainer but I can't stand being ready to sweat and end up standing there lost.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-16, 01:40 PM  
mrsyancy

Omg I am sooooo excited bc I love Amy bento and her step workouts. I guess I'm one of the few that still loves complex choreography and Amy definitely does that well
Old 07-13-16, 01:44 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I like advanced choreography, but Amy doesn't break down her combinations, & I need a breakdown. It does sound like the one that will be "athletic" might be easier to follow. I hope so, I'd love to have an Amy Bento step workout.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-16, 01:45 PM  
owltx

WOO-HOO!!!!! So excited, can not wait. *the other more advanced choreography* Awesomeness! Love Amy's step choreography!

Muggle - her choreography is complex, but in my mind she is a great at cues and it just takes repetition. And once you have it down, it means her DVDs have great staying power on your shelf as the boredom factor is greatly decreased. And they are excellent sweatfests. How are you at some of the other step instructors - say Cathe or Seasun Zieger? That might help guide you. Also, it sounds like the second DVD (the athletic one) will have more straightforward choreography, so maybe a better first option to try her out?
Old 07-13-16, 02:29 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

hmmm I know that I am DEFINITELY in!

That said, IMO Amy's cueing is not easy to follow the first time AT ALL, and I'm a choreo-hound for sure. I think she cues late----right on top of the move that you are supposed to be doing. My brain doesn't work that way---I need a bit of advance notice to absorb the words/movements. It takes me a couple of times to get a sequence down, but once I do I love her style and the workouts are so much fun!! Disclaimer: I don't preview before doing a workout, so that is at least part of my issue I'm sure.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-16, 03:01 PM  
bubbles76

Just got some bonus points cash, and I was wondering what to spend it on. Guess I know now Whoo hoo Amy!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-16, 03:21 PM  
Fitstick

I'm so excited! Just the fact that she is releasing new step workouts, it is so awesome! I hope Amy can bring step back I'm fully supporting her.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-16, 03:33 PM  
Robin C

Smile

Hope she has clips before the sale.
Robin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-16, 04:46 PM  
ellaenchanted

It would be great if she made cardio workouts that didn't require so much space. Also workouts with strength minimal equipment, preferably just weights.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amy bento ross, step