Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-04-16, 07:05 PM  
s2546

i agree they all look great i am excited to see their workouts i don't like streaming but this looks very exciting

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-16, 07:48 PM  
gilbjeter

I've never done any firms. Are they considered advanced? Good results? These look good! But I love hard and intense workouts and I am (aesthetics) results oriented
gilbjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-16, 11:00 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
This is what the FIRM would be now if they were able to still use the FIRM name. But Gaiam still owns the name, so they had to call it something else.
Thankyou! I've never known the Firm intructors to be so lean and cut. I guess the Firm dying was some big old news that I missed. WOW!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-16, 11:14 PM  
Carol K

But it's NOT dying. It's just the name.
Old 02-04-16, 11:42 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
But it's NOT dying. It's just the name.
Oh, ok, gotcha. I was never a Firmy, but it made me really sad, lol.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 06:45 AM  
Carol K

I am so happy that Gaiam never owned the FIRM studio and that they have instructors that want to keep making workouts for us. I feel very fortunate. FYI, these instructors never left the FIRM. They are still teaching at the studio, which is now called The FLEX. That's where the BeMax workouts were filmed. Emily owns the studio and Rebekah is the studio manager.
Old 02-05-16, 08:53 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbjeter View Post
I've never done any firms. Are they considered advanced? Good results? These look good! But I love hard and intense workouts and I am (aesthetics) results oriented
I am quite new to the Firm, only venturing into their workouts in the last year. I would say that the Firms can offer something for every level of exerciser. The Firm started, I think, in the 80's, and their workouts have evolved over time. These workouts do not look like the ones from the 80's or 90's, or even early 00's Firm. So speaking strictly for this workout the moves themselves appear to be more advanced, what with the burpees and mountain climbers, planks and what not. However, it also looks like you get a brief break, because of the short demo of the move. So I would say anywhere from high intermediate to advanced. I haven't done this workout, but that's what it looks like to me. YMMV.

Oh aesthetically speaking, I have gotten really good results from the Firm, as have many people here
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 05:55 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

New videos on the BEMAX preview site -
  • This week's challenge is burpees (!?!?!). Alison's challenge is posted
  • There are now three different squat challenge videos: one each from Rebekah, Allie, and Emily
  • There's another preview video of a full workout, from Emily; but enough info is there that you could do the workout on your own. I actually like her modified version of a 1-arm burpee.

Enjoy!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bemax