Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-15, 11:46 AM  
Exercise Diva

Travis Eliot Launching Online Site

Just saw this on Facebook....I will be subscribing.

I'm thrilled to announce that Wednesday, July 15th I will be launching my very own online monthly subscription yoga site. This site is all about variety. There will be Power Yoga, Yin Yoga, Meditation, Pranayama and much, much more!!! Some classes will be live and many of the new classes will be one on one…just me and you! Also, you can expect a wide range of class times…10min…30min…60min…and 90min. The best thing about this is that creatively the sky is the limit and I have tons of new content that I can't wait to share…and the price will be $9.99 a month!!! More info coming soon...
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-15, 02:23 PM  
Travelmug

That's great for Travis, but what happens to the Yoga Collective? I think a lot of people subscribed to that site expecting to practice with Travis.
Travelmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-15, 04:01 PM  
Exercise Diva

Good point - wish I knew. I have a subscription to Yoga Collective currently but I find that the site is finicky (freezes) so I don't use it very much.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-15, 04:15 PM  
mtngoat

That doesn't bode well for The Yoga Collective. Nothing new has been added for weeks/month, so I'm not really surprised. I did receive an email from them in June offering a discount at a Yoga festival, which surprised me.

I just subscribed to Udaya this month, so don't know what I will do about Travis' site. I can't do both so would have to let Udaya go.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-15, 06:36 PM  
isebelleg44

Good thing I didn't shell out a lot for Yoga Collective! That is a bummer, as I was hoping there would be more Travis practices. Oh well there is enough for me to explore for the price I paid.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-15, 07:22 PM  
Mickey12

I have not used Yoga Collective a lot due to buffering issues. I'm glad I didn't pay a lot for it either. I am not a fan of streaming and the unpredictability of the sites (such as this with Travis being affiliated with a site and then suddenly having no presence) really makes me uneasy about them. Didn't he start out with practices on Udaya's site too?

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-15, 10:37 AM  
GeekyGirl

I will definitely subscribe to an all Travis site!
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-15, 11:20 AM  
TinierTina

He's fully dimensional in his offerings ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGirl View Post
I will definitely subscribe to an all Travis site!
Please let me know how his Kirtan-Arena Rock fusion works out ... I know he's gotten into that ... and that is something that fascinates me ... rock music mixed with kirtan ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-15, 03:20 AM  
jhsimpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I have not used Yoga Collective a lot due to buffering issues. I'm glad I didn't pay a lot for it either. I am not a fan of streaming and the unpredictability of the sites (such as this with Travis being affiliated with a site and then suddenly having no presence) really makes me uneasy about them. Didn't he start out with practices on Udaya's site too?

Kim
Backing up a bit earlier - Several Yogis have their classes at the Power Yoga studio that Bryan Kest runs offered on the http://PowerYoga.com web-site. Udaya appeared with their professionally shot productions from Bulgaria soon after and Travis was in that 'freshman' class of instructors.

I think Jeff Beaudoin was either in the freshman or sophomore year of the annual trips to Bulguaria for Udaya's blitz filming schedule. I saw somewhere else that Jeff gave an interview where his views of group yoga studios and on-line services like PowerYoga/Udaya and others are creating a culture that he is turned off in participating.

I wish Travis well and hopefully this venture is majority controlled by him. I know he continues to offer practices you may purchase/suggested donation on his self-named website. http://traviseliot.com web-site. Yet, I'm sure the production costs and web-hosting fees were probably either absorbed as a 'love of the practice' or break-even expense.

Change in Travis personal live this last year has also happened. Married again (or in the process) and working on a Kirtan inspired album all while being a father to his son from his first marriage/relationship.

I would tend to agree that I would like to see a steady track-record of content before I plunk down $10 a month for another streaming site.

-JS-
jhsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-15, 07:12 PM  
daisyduke

I hope this streaming site is as awesome as Travis is! I have high hopes for this.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming, travis eliot, yoga