Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-19-14, 05:09 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryan, Paris View Post
These are great choices, I really like basic step workouts and cannot stand complicated choreography.
Thanks! When it comes to step I am your basic up-up-down-down kind of person, preferably zoning out while listening to good music.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 07:10 PM  
Jewels5

I love step! I still do it occasionally and modify all moves to low impact. If the choreography gets too complicated I do my own thing. I would do step workouts more often, but I have a fairly small workout space and it requires moving things around.

With the exception of one, all of my step workouts are Cathe and my most reached for would probably be Rhythmic Step but the choreography can get a little complicated. I recently acquired her Greatest Hits step workout and it was so much fun!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 10:14 PM  
BunnyHop

Just dropping in to say that I'm really enjoying this thread.

I'm not a stepper, because I just can't seem to move my feet fast enough.

Any advice? It sounds like great fun, but I can't get the hang of it.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 12:37 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
AsSweetAsSugar, don't feel you have to give up on complex choreography completely. Christi Taylor is very dancy, and, as much as I like her, Cathe isn't always the best cuer. I recommend Kari Anderson as a good introduction to more complex step. She always has a base move that you can stick with, and then you can gradually add in some of her turns and spins when you're ready. She even encourages this, and says things like 'as you can see, we're all together'.
Thanks Paula! That sounds good, I'll have to check her out!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 07:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels5 View Post
I love step! I still do it occasionally and modify all moves to low impact. If the choreography gets too complicated I do my own thing. I would do step workouts more often, but I have a fairly small workout space and it requires moving things around.

With the exception of one, all of my step workouts are Cathe and my most reached for would probably be Rhythmic Step but the choreography can get a little complicated. I recently acquired her Greatest Hits step workout and it was so much fun!
Julie, not surprised to see you love step too!

Gina, thanks for the tip on Gin Miller. I may have one or two of her workouts on VHS still!

I also have forgotten that KCM has some step workouts. I usually enjoy her dvds so should check out her step ones.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 07:16 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Yes, I love KCM's Cardio Blast, but regretfully her stepboxing videos require too much coordination from my tired ol' brain.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 08:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good point, Gina. I can see that being problematic for me too .
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 08:06 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryan, Paris View Post
These are great choices, I really like basic step workouts and cannot stand complicated choreography.
I agree. I did high-intensity step aerobics throughout the 90's which made me very susceptible to PF, so I won't do complicated choreography anymore. I don't do much step these days but, when I do, I pull out Gin Miller's Intense Moves, Cathe's Cardio Supersets, and Cathe's Party Rockin' Step Vol. 2. I may eventually buy Power Music's Step Vol. 7, too, because it's has a nice variety of athletic, non-complicated movements ....
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 10:06 AM  
Jeanne Marie

I don't really do step workouts anymore, but I do step-ups a lot. I run every day, and my route takes me up and down some pretty steep hills, so I get the cardio benefit from that. Even so, I recognize the benefits of doing step ups with weights. The interval class that I often do has step ups as one of the stations. The step is set at 14 inches and I use weights. Some of the particpants can barely get through 45 seconds of stepping up and down, and definitely can't use weights. It just shows what years of stepping (and running hills) has done for me! I think the benefits of stepping are vastly underrated.
Old 08-20-14, 10:20 AM  
PennyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
I don't really do step workouts anymore, but I do step-ups a lot. I run every day, and my route takes me up and down some pretty steep hills, so I get the cardio benefit from that. Even so, I recognize the benefits of doing step ups with weights. The interval class that I often do has step ups as one of the stations. The step is set at 14 inches and I use weights. Some of the particpants can barely get through 45 seconds of stepping up and down, and definitely can't use weights. It just shows what years of stepping (and running hills) has done for me! I think the benefits of stepping are vastly underrated.

You are so inspiring I only wish that i would have been fitness oriented all my life like you.
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
step, step aerobics