Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-26-14, 07:20 AM  
eannem

dailey method

after doing a lot of dream body and other fast paced workouts i am switching things up and going back to more slow and controlled barre workouts. It has really helped my appetite.

i have been doing ballet body, bar method dancers body and barre amped barre (really sore today- though this one was too easy first time i did it, but really went for the burn and felt it was much more challenging this time around). thinking of adding in barre3 online workouts.

one more i want to try is the dailey method- anyone have a preference between the 1st or 2nd dvd. would rather just get one at this point.
eannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-14, 08:47 AM  
Tinks

I think the online streaming service includes the DVDs so you could sign up for a month and try them all out to see what you like.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-14, 10:49 AM  
Sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
I think the online streaming service includes the DVDs so you could sign up for a month and try them all out to see what you like.
Dailey Method has a streaming service? I didn't see that - can you point me to it? Or are you refering to Barre3?

I'm sorry I can't add anything since I've only tried No Excuses so far (but it).
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-14, 04:20 PM  
Tinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
Dailey Method has a streaming service? I didn't see that - can you point me to it? Or are you refering to Barre3?

I'm sorry I can't add anything since I've only tried No Excuses so far (but it).
Oops, I'm sorry. I was thinking of The Bar Method, lol. Those two names are just a little too similar.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 06:57 AM  
momofcha

I just took a Dailey Method class yesterday & loved it

I would go with the 1st DVD.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 09:04 AM  
violingal3

I think the first one is plenty for now - definitely room to grow with this one (I was reading it was easier than the 2nd one - ha! I wish!). I have both and still haven't moved on to the second one. And it's a nice one to add for variety, definitely different from any other barre DVD I have, and I have a good collection! Jill is slow and controlled, but these are just killer!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 10:37 AM  
eannem

thanks for the feedback. i did bar method dancers body this am- that one is so hard in a great way. hope dailey method is like that.

still slightly panicked over giving up the calorie burn from dream body, etc, but hope this change will shake things up.
eannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 03:57 PM  
Gancho Girl

I lurve The Dailey Method, so obviously I think you need both. But, realistically, the first one is probably the place to get started with TDM. The level jump between the first one and the second DVD is... challenging. When I did the second DVD initially, I spent a lot of time wondering why Jill Dailey hated me so much.

Actually, maybe not just initially. Maybe every time I do it...

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 07:29 PM  
bayportsmom

Are these only available on their site? I didn't see it on amazon or at Mary's. It sounds like they are pretty challenging?
bayportsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body, bar method, barre, barre amped