Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-14, 09:27 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
How are Paula's choice products? Are they too chemical laden? Im trying to switch to all natural but that is quite expensive. So I want to settle somewhere in between for now. thanks.
The products I have from them are first rate, and reasonably priced.

They do produce a line called 'Earth Sourced Naturals' that might be an option for you.

Not trying to sound like a commercial for the PC line, but I've been reading on their site for a while now. (I've been working my way through some other stuff, and plan to go with more PC products after that.)
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 09:35 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

I've been using Paula's Choice since the line started. Before discovering her products I used to spend a ton of money trying different things for my combination-leading-toward-dry, acne prone, slightly sensitive skin. Her products are my holy grail of skin care. My skin looks amazing. Her BHA9 & C15 products have kicked things up to a new level of amazing. I'll gladly sound like a commercial and will gladly sing the products praises as I truly believe I'm using the best stuff out there. And while they aren't super inexpensive, the cost for the size of what you get is very reasonable. I'm a fan for life!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 09:50 PM  
gilberteswann

I second Sabine's comments. I've bought from PC for at least 15 years and find her products excellent & reasonably priced. Also her website has lots of really good information about skin & how to take care of it if you want to study up.
gilberteswann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 10:01 PM  
OSusanna

My best beauty finds of 2013 were in the theatrical makeup lines where the products were at the high end level at low to mid prices. I have found so many gems from Ben Nye and Kryolan recently. I am hoping to continue to clear out my old makeup (it is old and needs to go) and replace all my items with the tried and true stuff that I discovered. 2014 will be about quality vs. quantity for me and I will be working hard at not going makeup shopping without a list or at least before doing an inventory! This is an area where I overbuy.

I also saw the Dalton and It cosmetics on QVC and they look really quality to me, especially those Dalton lip products.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 10:08 PM  
Leonana

I third Sabine's recommendation of Paula's Choice. I first heard about her when she wrote her book. I finally learned why all of the acne products I bought never worked!

My favorite is her BHA gel. I also love her cleansers and toners. I have acne and wrinkles, so it can be hard to find the right products.

I recently bought her acne line for my 13 year old dd and it's worked well for her.
Old 01-01-14, 10:20 PM  
BunnyHop

Oh, as for balm with color, I've been liking the Jordana Moisturizing Balm stain. The cranberry one is very nice, but I also like the 'Honey Love' color. They seem more moisturizing than some other things I've tried.

In terms of straight-up tinted lip balm, less color, I like the tinted lip balms by Nivea, but they have a bit of flavor/scent, and I got tired of it.

And hey, since I've been babbling all thread about PC products, I'll mention that I went ahead and ordered today, getting the shampoo and conditioner in addition to the skin care set I wanted (and some samples). My scalp hasn't been happy lately, and it's time to try something new.

They've got free shipping on the site today, not sure if that's typical, but it pushed me to order.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 10:38 PM  
kiwichick

Another vote for Paula's Choice, and it's cruelty free
kiwichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 08:33 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Skin care: Evanhealy. I use the Rose Treament line of products. This stuff is holy grail for me. When the weather is really cold and raw, I use the Evanhealy whipped shea butter with olive leaf as a barrier cream on my face.

Makeup: Very minimal. I use Boomstick Color and Boomstick Glimmer; sometimes on my lips I use Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer. I always curl my lashes but don't often use mascara.

Body lotion: Unscented moisturizing lotion by Tropical Traditions; on my feet I use Tropical Traditions unscented moisturizing cream..

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 09:41 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I third Sabine's recommendation of Paula's Choice. I first heard about her when she wrote her book. I finally learned why all of the acne products I bought never worked!

My favorite is her BHA gel. I also love her cleansers and toners. I have acne and wrinkles, so it can be hard to find the right products.

I recently bought her acne line for my 13 year old dd and it's worked well for her.

I really need anti aging and tone help( like something to brighten and even out my skin) I've been looking into these products, but unsure which line to try. Any ideas??? Anti aging?
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 11:04 AM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
How are Paula's choice products? Are they too chemical laden? Im trying to switch to all natural but that is quite expensive. So I want to settle somewhere in between for now. thanks.
I check the ingredients in products before I buy them and most of Paula's no longer have parabens in them. I used to use her stuff years ago and stopped because of that reason. When I started again this past year after reading raves from people on this forum I checked each product that I bought and none have parabens. They probably have other bad stuff. I'm not sure what's bad besides parabens. But ..........almost all pure natural products that I've done research on are out of my budget. So I have to make a compromise.

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, cosmetics, makeupalley, paula's choice, shapewear, skin care, spanx