Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-19-13, 05:11 PM  
cherimac

Fitness Accomplishments/Celebrations, 2013 Edition

Here is the place to give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back for things you have accomplished fitness wise in 2013.

1. I had gained 12 pounds over the last couple of years with perimenopause. I started tightening up my diet in mid September and am down 8.8 pounds.

2. I can now do full burpees. I hate them and usually use a high step for them but CAN do them and often make myself do a set on the floor when they come up.

3. DH and I budget money each year for purchases and trades and I planned to cut back on that by X amount and met that goal.

4. I have been working on my cardio endurance this year and workouts that were too hard for me in January are now doable.

Okay, let's hear from the rest of you.
Old 12-19-13, 05:35 PM  
shoegoddess

I have a milestone birthday coming up in February. After injuries and life challenges I gained 20 pounds between 2009 and 2013. I joined Weight Watchers in October and as of yesterday I met my 10% goal and I'm down 14 pounds!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13, 06:04 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
I have a milestone birthday coming up in February. After injuries and life challenges I gained 20 pounds between 2009 and 2013. I joined Weight Watchers in October and as of yesterday I met my 10% goal and I'm down 14 pounds!
Congratulations!
Old 12-19-13, 06:17 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Congratulations!
Thanks so much

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13, 06:22 PM  
Leonana

Congratulations to both of you!

After having my dd at age 41, then menopause, then entering my 50's - I gained two dress sizes. Last March, I started exercising more regularly, and last May started tracking my calories. I've lost the two dress sizes, and I'm very close to my pre-dd size!

I've also increased my endurance, my strength, and my balance. A few months ago, I was able to go roller skating with my dd, and not worry about my balance. It felt great!

I've also been able to reduce my stress through exercise, which has controlled my stress eating. It has also give me more self-confidence and a much more positive attitude.
Old 12-19-13, 07:18 PM  
Chomper

Nice thread!

I finished Couch to 5k even though I was doing it in a less than optimal (dumb) way: only running once a week and sometimes going a few months between runs.

My cardiovascular fitness is at the highest level it has ever been.

There are a few yoga poses I think I can do now that I couldn't last year. Half Moon comes to mind.

Congratulations everyone!
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13, 07:59 PM  
cherimac

Awesome job everyone!!
Old 12-19-13, 08:04 PM  
Debbie

Love this thread!

Early in 2013, I completed a Couch to 10 k program...but by the time spring rolled around I was only sporadically running. I ended up gaining even more weight over the summer and hit my all time highest weight....only 5 lbs away from what I weighed 9 months pregnant!

Fast forward to September, I started and completed JNL Fusion, 100 by Halloween challenge and today just completed the BodyRock 30 day challenge! I'm proud of myself and feeling better in my skin. I've lost 16 of the 33 lbs. I've set out to lose! I'm half way there!

Keep them coming ladies! So nice to read about our accomplishments!
Old 12-19-13, 10:35 PM  
Chomper

This thread made me reflect a little bit more on the past year fitness-wise, and I realized the poundage on a lot of my lifts is heavier than ever before as well.

Even better, I seem to be managing my workout schedule in a way that is more conducive to a feeling of well-being. Working out enough but not too much. I hope I can keep it up!
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 08:39 AM  
SuzieC

What a great thread! Last year on Jan 1, I took my measurements and got on the scale. It was not a pretty picture.
I was already working out, but really struggling with energy (got sick whenever I upped my workouts), and had a few health hiccups the past year.

Fast forward a little bit - I did TA's Metamorphosis and am now currently on Continuity 1.1 Level 8.

I have lost 35 pounds and I feel a lot more energetic. I lost over 25 inches with Meta, and will check measurements again at the end of Continuity 1.1.

I'm really proud of what I've accomplished so far. Goal for next year is to keep it up and maybe lose those last 10 pounds if I can.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accomplishments, fitness achievements, last 10 pounds, outdoor walking, successful weight loss, weight loss