Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-09-13, 06:04 PM  
shaka02

Hi -
I really like Drop 2 Sizes. I finished the rotation and I did indeed drop 2 sizes. I did only the 3 strength workouts and 1 metabolic workout per week.
I do think that food and stress reduction play a big role in whether or not changes happen.

/Deb
shaka02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 06:23 PM  
Loriann

I just finished Phase One. I use 25# for squats and side lunges and 20# for everything else except the shoulder press where I used 15#. I have added biking, kickboxing, walking, and Hiit to the off-days. My legs look nicer (I think it is all those squats) but I am losing definition in my arms. I have not lost a pound nor a size yet. I am not as hungry with these as I was with STS so that is something. I haven't changed my eating as I really only want to lose couple of pounds so motivation is lacking in this department.

I also wish Rachael would talk a little less and set up the next move more.

I count my own reps and don't trust her count.

I do prefer this style to the rush-rush I feel in Dreambody or even Cathe's High Reps. I also really like the active rests of hip raises, plank-to-pike, etc.

I hated the warm-up the first time, but it grew on me and I can see its purpose. I just wish there were different warm-ups for different days.

I will continue with this for a while, but I am not sure I will finish (or maybe I will just shorten the next two phases.) I had been using a combo of Cathe, Jari and Horizontal Conditioning with a little KCM or Dreambody before this and I liked my arms and core better. Maybe after this, I will go back to what I was doing but add in some more squats to maintain the leg definition.

I got the set for around $30 so I am happy overall. I don't have anything else really like it in my collection.

Lori
Loriann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 06:51 PM  
yahoo205

what is the diet she recommends? i've been eating more carbs than usual.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 07:19 PM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I'm an anomale, no results to speak of with this program. I really had hoped to drop a size as that was my goal. But nope.

I did just go back to CLX and I didn't lose any of my strength so there's that. I missed my defined shoulders and biceps. I like that look.

I was bored doing 3 sets of the same move, but once I got to phase 3, I did enjoy those moves a bit more.

I really liked the premise of this program, but it just didn't work for me.
I didn't get any results either. I've had noticeable results from Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, Chalean Extreme, and The FIRM.
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 08:26 PM  
nevertoolate

I really like this set. I'm in the 7th week, Phase 2. I like the slower, more deliberate pace of the lifting. For me at 64, it's less likely to result in injury. I also like that balance is incorporated into the workout. I've been doing it just as outlined, with the foam rolling and the ramp warm-up. I usually finish with the foam rolling again as part of my cool-down. I feel pleasantly wiped out at the end.

My weight is unchanged (I don't have weight to lose), but I do notice that I've firmed up some all over. I also feel stronger and more empowered. This set is working well for me. It doesn't require a lot of equipment or space. I definitely will do at again sometime, but will probably try some of my other sets first when I get finished with this rotation. I have Jillian Michaels Body Revolution waiting in the wings. I'm sure those workouts will seem short by comparison!

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-13, 08:30 AM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate
I really like this set. I'm in the 7th week, Phase 2. I like the slower, more deliberate pace of the lifting. For me at 64, it's less likely to result in injury. I also like that balance is incorporated into the workout. I've been doing it just as outlined, with the foam rolling and the ramp warm-up. I usually finish with the foam rolling again as part of my cool-down. I feel pleasantly wiped out at the end.
Like you, I am following the workouts as outlined and adding a cool-down. My cool-down includes stretching and/or foam rolling. I also add cardio or stretching on off days. I will be finishing the seventh week, Phase 2 today. Improving balance is an important factor for me at my age of 72. What surprises me the most is that my neck and shoulder have not been bothering me despite the planks, pushups and assisted pullups. They had been bothering me with other workouts which had numerous shoulder, (biceps and triceps) exercises.

Last February I developed a herniated disc in my lower back which affected the front of my right thigh. The bridges and other back stretches are helpful for it. I would have had to do them separately if doing other strength workouts.

I have the dvds and book version. The book version includes a few TRX exercises which can be subbed for the dvd ones. Since I have a jungle gym, I have used them as well.

I don't follow the nutrition plan. My weight is unchanged and is not an issue. I do notice my legs are stronger and more muscular and have more definition than when I started. I had not been doing too much strength or cardio for a while after the disc herniation and lost a lot of my leg strength and muscular tone.
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 10:08 AM  
yahoo205

What weights are people using for Phase 2? Going to start today.

Also, what diet does she recommend? I know natural is best but does she promote low carb?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 10:11 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
What weights are people using for Phase 2? Going to start today.
I think what weights others use should be irrelevant to what you'll need. You'll know what works best for you.

hth

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 10:17 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Also, what diet does she recommend? I know natural is best but does she promote low carb?
The book includes a diet with menus laid out for every day. It's not a "paleo" or "primal" kind of diet if that's what you're thinking of.

Just an example: my breakfast for today was a whole grain waffle topped with almond butter, strawberries and a little honey.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 10:35 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I think what weights others use should be irrelevant to what you'll need. You'll know what works best for you.

hth
I don't quite agree. I like to know the weights others use to get a ballpark idea of what I should be aiming for. I switch workouts around all the time, and unless I kept detailed records (which I don't) of the weights I used with each workout. I wouldn't know what to use.

Tags
cosgrove, drop 2 sizes, drop two sizes, finisher, grip strength, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal, rachel cosgrove