Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-13, 11:39 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMarie View Post
I believe in Dermalogica products. I also asked for a Clarisonic skin cleanser for Christmas but not before checking with a skin expert (I can't spell esthitician) My skin is 66 years old and I am very careful.
I also finally bought a Clarisonic in 2012. I was very apprehensive that it would aggravate my ultra-sensitive rosacea-prone skin but I LOVE it and my skin has never looked this good

My other favorite discovery of 2012 was The Body Deli products: https://thebodydeli.com/ raw, organic products that smell so good you want to eat them. I am hooked on their Living Hair shampoo and conditioner, Firming Flax Eye Cream, Melon Peptide Cream Gel, and Vital-C Serum. AWESOME stuff!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 11:55 AM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
I also finally bought a Clarisonic in 2012. I was very apprehensive that it would aggravate my ultra-sensitive rosacea-prone skin but I LOVE it and my skin has never looked this good

My other favorite discovery of 2012 was The Body Deli products: https://thebodydeli.com/ raw, organic products that smell so good you want to eat them. I am hooked on their Living Hair shampoo and conditioner, Firming Flax Eye Cream, Melon Peptide Cream Gel, and Vital-C Serum. AWESOME stuff!
Oh I love their products too! I can't believe how fast and healthy my hair grew when I was using the Living Shampoo and Conditioner. I have noticed a pretty big difference in how much slower my hair seems to grow now that I switched back to another brand. As soon as I am out of the stuff I'm using now I plan to go back to the Body Deli. It really is a great brand.
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 12:26 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
Oh I love their products too! I can't believe how fast and healthy my hair grew when I was using the Living Shampoo and Conditioner. I have noticed a pretty big difference in how much slower my hair seems to grow now that I switched back to another brand. As soon as I am out of the stuff I'm using now I plan to go back to the Body Deli. It really is a great brand.
I know, right? When I first bought the shampoo and conditioner I had not read that it was supposed to be "hair thickening" and I was shocked to notice how full and healthy my hair looked after a few weeks.

What other products have you tried from them? I want to try everything!
Old 01-02-13, 12:34 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa3 View Post
LOVE these threads!!

2 big discoveries for me this year (I am 51.)

Clean my face with organic, raw honey - it is not sticky at all and my face feels plump and moisturized. Look this up as it has antibacterial and humectant properites.

Grape seed oil - I moisturize my whole body with it. I put it on write out of the shower when my body is damp. Amazing! Works great on my face, too.

No dryness for me anymore - and no chemicals.
oh that sounds luscious. Love it. I love to slather on my moisturizer after my shower. I do believe in Honey though for the face. There are a lot of products I used to love the Honey Almond something. Just for the smell. it had a yellow label.

Raw honey.. hum. I'd be thinking it was sticky. And then my honey that I get is like $20+ a pound. I get the local honey and it taste great.

Grapeseed oil is nice and light. Nice routine.

I don't know if I'm headed to Whole foods today but I think I see it in my future. Make sure I wear my comfortable shoes so I can stand their and read.)

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 12:41 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:

OMG, this stuff sounds edible. Wow. What a great idea. I wonder if whole foods has this? Ummmmmm fuzzie it sounds wonderful.

if this is order only, i hope if someone makes a buy let us know and we can go in with you. At least I would.

Clarsonic is the expensive original facial brush system right?

~~~Cheryl

Old 01-02-13, 12:44 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Who has a good Bed topper they love.? I used to love my down bed thing, and this last one I bought was so bad I swear we had a darn chicken coop under the bed. I hate making the bed because we get feathers every where, I kid you not. It is horrible. I purchased it from BB& B and this brand is horrible. I advise getting one from QVC by Northern nights this this mess. Now I see there is a foam type one an that's what prompted my question. To see what anyone else has I could look at.

~~~Cheryl

Old 01-02-13, 01:09 PM  
ellaenchanted

These are Ella's favorite things:

1. My favorite smudge and smear proof, tear proof, sweat proof mascaras are:
Shiseido Defining Volume and Urban Decay Cannonball (both available from spehora)

2. I also find that my shadow lasts all day and through a workout (with a little fading due to sweat and rubbing) when I use a primer. My favorites:

Urban Decay Primer Potion and ELF mineral eye primer (this one is only $1!)

honorable mentions: Bare Escentuals primetime eye, NARS eye primer

3. My favorite longlasting foundation is Make Up For Ever HD. I also like MUFE's Face and Body and Revlon's Colorstay creme foundation in the jar. For a face primer, I love MUFE HD primer. Loreal's Lumi primer is good, too.

4. I have been getting laser treatments for hair removal on my legs and it is fantastic! I may get a Tria or Silk'n in the future for at-home touch ups.

5. My favorite blushes are Tarte's amazonian clay powder blushes. Pretty colors that last all day.

6. I've had a Clarisonic for about 4 years and have used it almost daily in that time. It keeps my skin looking smooth and has helped my moisturizer sink in and work better.

7. For moisture/antiaging: Green Cream retinol treatment (from skincarerx.com) and Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA souffle. I alternate those each day. During the winter I also layer on Clinique Thirsty Skin Relief with the retinol.

8. Body moisturizers: AmLactin lotion and St. Ives collagen lotion

9. My favorite liners are Stila's Smudge Crayons (the thick pencil/crayon). You can draw a thinner line or use as a shadow over the lid. They wear like a rock.

10. My favorite bath buffer/wash towel is the Salux. I prefer the extra coarse. Can be purchased at most Asian grocery stores or directly from Salux. amazon has them but some are fakes.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 01:20 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
I know, right? When I first bought the shampoo and conditioner I had not read that it was supposed to be "hair thickening" and I was shocked to notice how full and healthy my hair looked after a few weeks.

What other products have you tried from them? I want to try everything!
I haven't been able to try as much as I'd like but I did try one of their fruit enzyme manuka honey based mask/peels. It's dark green and it makes you look like a sea monster but it worked pretty well. It was mostly for radiance I think.

I am curious about their products for the body, I am in need of a new scrub and have been curious about their products in that department. Have you tried any of those?
Old 01-02-13, 01:24 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
OMG, this stuff sounds edible. Wow. What a great idea. I wonder if whole foods has this? Ummmmmm fuzzie it sounds wonderful.

if this is order only, i hope if someone makes a buy let us know and we can go in with you. At least I would.

Clarsonic is the expensive original facial brush system right?
The last time I placed an order for the Body Deli (which was last fall) they only had one store in Palm Desert and were online only outside of that. They are all food grade ingredients and make the products to order. I think for the quality you get it's worth the price, I haven't tried much of the line but everything I have purchased I have been really happy with.
Old 01-02-13, 01:36 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
I haven't been able to try as much as I'd like but I did try one of their fruit enzyme manuka honey based mask/peels. It's dark green and it makes you look like a sea monster but it worked pretty well. It was mostly for radiance I think.

I am curious about their products for the body, I am in need of a new scrub and have been curious about their products in that department. Have you tried any of those?
Oh, I have been looking at that peel and I plan to try it after I go through my Suki Renewal Bio-Resurfacing Peel (which is spectacular). Haven't tried their body care line... yet

Cheryl - I buy these products from Saffron Rouge, which offers a great selection of natural products and superb customer service: http://www.saffronrouge.com/the-body-deli

Tags
aging, beauty, beauty thread, beauty tips, clarisonic, gum surgery, natural skin care, off-topic, paula's choice, skin care