Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-09, 09:22 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Whoever asked about age/sun spots - from what I understand, the products have to bring the discoloration to the surface and eventually disappear. I'm working on one sun spot below my eyebrow. How weird is THAT for an age spot? I'm using Fanie International C-Collagen Cream and Modified Retinol lotion. Haven't been using it very long so don't know if it works but you can find it here:http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/ Joella is a very reputable cosmotologist. I've ordered stuff from her for years.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-09, 09:38 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Joni, out of all the eyelash curlers I've tried, my favorite is Maybelline's.

I'm a fan of La Prairie skin care.

My favorite mascara is still Lash-Out by L'Oreal. None of the expensive ones compares.

I like Bobbi Brown's cream eyeliners, and her eyeshadows and blush. I use her lip colors, but I find that the lipsticks dry out and become gummy. Chanel's lipsticks last forever. My favorite nail polish is Chanel's; they go on and stay on great.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-09, 06:48 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbe
I like Bobbi Brown's cream eyeliners, and her eyeshadows and blush. I use her lip colors, but I find that the lipsticks dry out and become gummy. Chanel's lipsticks last forever. My favorite nail polish is Chanel's; they go on and stay on great.
Abbe - do you find that Bobbi's shadows and blush fade quickly?
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-09, 10:34 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

I still use a few things Bobbie Brown (liner gel and illuminating undereye stuff) but pretty much use Laura Mercier now. Just works better for me and I find it's a bit cheaper. I LOVE Mercier mineral makeup. I like Everyday Minerals too but Mercier is in stores to play with stuff.

For the best non-fade eye shadow staying powder, Mercier is better than Brown (on me at least) but NARS has the most pigment I've seen in a commercial line.

ETA: So as another voice, yes, I found BB fades quickly on me.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-09, 11:14 AM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Here are a few of my favorite things.

ICON Sulfate Free shampoo and light conditioner
Enjoy Sulfate Free shampoo and instant reconstructor
(both of these are fabulous and leave my hair so silky and manageable, yet not weighted down. If you're concerned about sulfates, I strongly recommend these. I alternate between the two)

Biosilk Silk Therapy (after having tried many different shine/anti-frizz serums, this one is hands down the best. Works even on my fine hair)

Paula's Choice skin care products. I've been using these for many years and have stuck with the for the great results they provide. I'm particularly fond of the Blemish Fighting Solution, 1% BHA lotion, the Skin Lightening Lotion, the cleanser for normal to dry skin, and the anti-oxidant concentrates.

Meaningful Beauty eye cream. I ordered the kit several months ago and this was the biggest hit of all the products. I'm on auto-delivery because I like this so much and don't want to be without.

Revlon Fabulash Mascara. Love the length it gives me.

These have been the big hits/stood the test of time products for me.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard

Last edited by dutchgirl; 01-04-09 at 06:45 PM. Reason: wrong spelling of product
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-09, 01:27 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Stevie

Yes, Differin will fade dark spots left from acne.

I can't say enough about Differin. If I didn't have hereditary dark circles under my eyes, I could forego foundation all together thanks to Differin. My dermatologist started me out taking a daily antibiotic along with application of Differin in the beginning. (Antibiotic in the evening before bed, at the same time I applied the Differin). You don't have to do that, but in my case the purpose was to stop any further breakouts that were in the wings waiting to appear until Differin got my skin under control. It's a two-pronged attack and though I've chosen to continue the antibiotic since much of what I got was cystic acne, Differin is equally effective without the addition of the antibiotic.

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-09, 02:06 PM  
Susan

I really wanted to love the BE Buxom lip glosses, but I couldn't stand the "cold" feeling on my lips. I loved the color I got in a QVC kit, but even after several minutes, that cold feeling was still there, and I hated it.

Several years ago, I tried BE's "regular" lip glosses, and found them to be runny and unpleasant tasting, but I'm sure the formulations have changed at least a dozen times since then!

I prefer Smashbox and MAC lip glosses. I also use Serious Skin Care glosses because I've gotten them in kits from HSN. I don't know if I'd purchase them individually, though, because in order to cover my lips, I have to dip the wand in and out of the tube at least three times -- the gloss is fine, but the packaging should be redesigned!)

I also got ybf lip glosses from HSN, and like them so far, but again, I got them as part of kits, so I don't know how much I'd pay for them individually.

I used to love Milani lip glosses in the squeeze tubes -- at least I think that was the brand name. I got them at CVS and they were incredibly cheap and smelled and tasted like cake. I don't know why I stopped using them; I guess it's because I don't go to CVS very often!

Susan
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-09, 02:55 PM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL
Abbe - do you find that Bobbi's shadows and blush fade quickly?
depending on the product type. I have the lip and blush cream pot and that is amazing. I also have the blush/bronzer duo and that's fab. I love her shadows.. I find that I am not a huge fan of the cream shadows but what I use them for instead is a cream shadow to smudge in the crease or outer corner.. that really works well.
;-)
Stevie

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com
Stevie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-09, 02:57 PM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolobella
Yes, Differin will fade dark spots left from acne.

I can't say enough about Differin. If I didn't have hereditary dark circles under my eyes, I could forego foundation all together thanks to Differin. My dermatologist started me out taking a daily antibiotic along with application of Differin in the beginning. (Antibiotic in the evening before bed, at the same time I applied the Differin). You don't have to do that, but in my case the purpose was to stop any further breakouts that were in the wings waiting to appear until Differin got my skin under control. It's a two-pronged attack and though I've chosen to continue the antibiotic since much of what I got was cystic acne, Differin is equally effective without the addition of the antibiotic.
definitely going to be checking out differin from my derm. if I call him I probably can ask since I get these breakouts periodically and the topical antibiotic gels aren't doing the job (nor the oral ones) I want to try this.
thanks for the tip

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com
Old 01-04-09, 03:00 PM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl
Here are a few of my favorite things.

Ikon Sulfate Free shampoo and light conditioner
Enjoy Sulfate Free shampoo and instant reconstructor
(both of these are fabulous and leave my hair so silky and manageable, yet not weighted down. If you're concerned about sulfates, I strongly recommend these. I alternate between the two)

Biosilk Silk Therapy (after having tried many different shine/anti-frizz serums, this one is hands down the best. Works even on my fine hair)

Paula's Choice skin care products. I've been using these for many years and have stuck with the for the great results they provide. I'm particularly fond of the Blemish Fighting Solution, 1% BHA lotion, the Skin Lightening Lotion, the cleanser for normal to dry skin, and the anti-oxidant concentrates.

Meaningful Beauty eye cream. I ordered the kit several months ago and this was the biggest hit of all the products. I'm on auto-delivery because I like this so much and don't want to be without.

Revlon Fabulash Mascara. Love the length it gives me.

These have been the big hits/stood the test of time products for me.
Sabine!! so glad to see you here. It's been eons.
where does one find the
Ikon Sulfate Free shampoo and light conditioner
Enjoy Sulfate Free shampoo and instant reconstructor products?
also you might want to check out belegenza and eufora too .. those seem to be pretty good. I have used ISH rescue and like that and I like the paul lebreque and it's good too along with WEN but I use less WEN and combine it with belegenza for a real conditioning that lasts all day.

I love mac dazzle lash.. new and only $12 at the counter. worth every penny
and almost as inexpensive as the drugstore stuff.
what makes the eye cream so spectacular for you?
cheers
Stevie

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty tips