Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-15-20, 11:46 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerkin11 View Post
Dan & Rach siad they were celebrating 20 YEARS of doing BC together. Where does the time go?!?!
15)
Wow! How did THAT happen? They are GREAT together!!! With all your LM descriptions, now I am missing LMOD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
AnMrsDe I bought a yearly subscription to Calm for a pretty good price and cancelled my Headspace subscription. I haven’t even done one of their meditations! But what I do use is their sleep stories, I find it really helps me to fall asleep. I also love and missed the sleep casts on Headspace too so I then resubscribed to Headspace when they offered me a deal for the year. So I haven’t been meditating at all but I do at least use both subscriptions. How long are Travis’ level up meditations? There’s also quite a selection of meditations on YouTube, I’m sure I have some saved if you’re interested. I find I have to meditate first thing, just out of bed. If I do it before bed I end up drifting off. I’ll have to set a meditation reminder for tomorrow morning! I don’t think I’ve done the Yvette that you did yesterday. She really keeps you moving! I’d love for her to do a couple more bosu workouts too.

Jane
Jane, Thanks for the info! That is a good idea to do it first thing in the morning...that would be, after my kitty is fed, LOL! He isn't happy if I do anything before that! Both Yoga30For30's and Level Up's meditations are around 10 min. (That's 10 min. too long for me, LOL!) But I may try some of them out (again)...Thankfully, I don't need any help whatsoever to lure me to sleep! Just watching the news in bed does the trick for me! Sometimes sleep happens before the weather, which I try to stay awake for, LOL!

Have a great weekend, everyone! Stay warm!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 09:58 AM  
fanofladyvols

Cher I was so happy to read your body has responded!! It's so hard to be patient with our bodies but so good to see you have a plan to keep taking care of yourself. Good for you!!

AnMrsDe wanted to share that Heather Robertson looks good! I did a search and saw some of her stuff there. Is she just a YouTuber? Sometimes YouTube content disappears... usually when I finally get around to trying it, lol.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 09:11 PM  
CharM

congrats to Cher on being released from PT! I hope you continue to improve and feel less aches and pains each day.

Dorothy, good for you for listening to your body by avoiding moves that might aggravate your shoulder. Also, I'm going to take a look at Angie Fitness since I don't think I'd heard of it before.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 07:06 AM  
Cher

Thanks Linda and Char! It feels good not to have to go to PT
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 03:14 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
AnMrsDe wanted to share that Heather Robertson looks good! I did a search and saw some of her stuff there. Is she just a YouTuber? Sometimes YouTube content disappears... usually when I finally get around to trying it, lol.
I love Heather's site!! As far as I know, she just has a channel on You Tube and doesn't produce D/L's or DVD's. She is GREAT for making me work, but not quite as hard as Cathe/Yvette, but still motivates me to want to do more! Does that make sense? I also love her music and her "non-cueing"! (She just shows the next exercise in the corner with the count-down clock). Love her for those days when I'm in a crabby mood and I don't want to hear anybody's excessive talking! And she's also fabulous for travel days since a lot of her content doesn't use equipment.

For anyone not familiar with her, here is her site:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOp...DARilha1uq4slA

Cher, yahoo! Done with PT!! No set-backs allowed!!!

TGIF, everyone!
Old 02-22-20, 08:51 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post

Cher, yahoo! Done with PT!! No set-backs allowed!!!
Agree!!!

Dorothy, hope your shoulder starts feeling better with a little rest.
Old 02-22-20, 03:30 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone for your encouraging support about my shoulder. I've been doing some stretches & rehab moves I found on YT and they seem to be helping!

Cher, congrats on being released from PT

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 04:59 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

AnMrsDe, I hope your low back is feeling better! Always good to listen to your body & rest when you need to.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 06:59 AM  
Cher

AnMrsDe, just saw your post about your back. I hope you are feeling better.
Old 02-26-20, 11:17 AM  
AnMrsDe

Thank you, ladies! My back is better but still feel it's not back to normal yet. Dorothy, rest up and heal, too! And Cher, 15 needle sticks??? You are a trouper!! Hope the biopsies come back normal.

Jane, the newest Yvette looks (and sounds) so fun!! Can't wait to do it!

We lucked out with the snow yesterday/last night. Only got maybe 2-3"...After Sunday's close to 60* weather, though, it seems really maddening to have to use the snow blower again!

March Thread:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...80#post2861280

Tags
just the workouts