Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-05-14, 01:07 PM  
TuesdayTaylor
VF Supporter

Jewels here are the shoes. I've had about 2 pairs of them so far. http://www.sears.ca/product/mephisto...000659102-ZACH Originally, I could hike in these things but as my feet have gotten worse I prefer to wear my Hoka running shoes. The style I wear is actually discontinued but I'm hopeful the newer models work just as well. http://www.hokaoneone.com/women/kail...t=7&cgid=women

I like the idea of using a foam roller under feet - that's a good idea.

My only surgical option here in Canada is "fusion" and I dont' want any part of it! If I was able to get a toe joint replacement, I'd be more enthusiastic. I am just hopeful I can continue to modify and adapt as time goes on.

I guess some people can run forever with no injuries but I'm pretty certain running lead to my toes' downfall. There were a few other contributing factors too. I have flat feet and would walk for hours (literally 2-5 hours) as a teenager and in my 20s in flat shoes - not running shoes, just flip flops and sandals. And then all the years pounding on pavement. Also I stubbed my right toe really really badly and that's the toe that is the worst so I'm sure arthritis set in after the trauma.

I hope I gave some ideas?

3ks - I don't know - see your doctor is my best advice!
TuesdayTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 10:56 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuesdayTaylor View Post

I hope I gave some ideas?

3ks - I don't know - see your doctor is my best advice!
TuesdayTaylor, thank you for the links! Both of those shoes look great. I have worn Mephistos before and while they are expensive they are worth it for the comfort! I will post more tomorrow as I am very behind on sleep. But yes, your post was very helpful, thank you again! I thought afterwards I was kind of rambling on in my post.

3ks, I would also suggest seeing your doctor. The feet are nothing to mess with and the sooner you get it checked out the sooner you can get back to comfort! Do you have a podiatrist? Good Luck and I hope you can get it taken care of!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-14, 09:01 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuesdayTaylor View Post
I guess some people can run forever with no injuries but I'm pretty certain running lead to my toes' downfall. There were a few other contributing factors too. I have flat feet and would walk for hours (literally 2-5 hours) as a teenager and in my 20s in flat shoes - not running shoes, just flip flops and sandals. And then all the years pounding on pavement. Also I stubbed my right toe really really badly and that's the toe that is the worst so I'm sure arthritis set in after the trauma.
TT, I am a former runner also but I think this "condition" is a result possibly of wearing improperly fitted shoes in my case. I don't know for sure but I remember years ago having a couple pairs of shoes that weren't all that comfortable and years later the pain is in the same spot I was feeling the discomfort. Who knows, but in hind sight I should have never worn those! I am learning valuable information about the feet as I'm getting older!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquatics, arthritis, bone spur, hallux rigidis, osteoarthritis