Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-13, 01:20 PM  
buttons11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
So, are these workouts more cardio-based? I just ordered
Would these be good combined with DreamBody? That's my plan!
Kaia this set has a little of everything really. The 3 circuit workouts/wk per phase are total body 30-40min & include power, strength and endurance. His focus is on metabolic workouts. Although these are not straight cardio you will get your heartrate up & sweat. The 3 HEAT w/o on disk 4 are low impact aerobic cardio. One of my fav's is w/o A, Sweat & Stretch where he warms up your muscles w/one exercise & alternates a stretch or foam roller massage. Kinda yummy & uncomfortable at the same time but really gets the kinks out. Haven't done all the bonus workouts yet but the kettlebell DVD is fun. I think it's a great set - accessible to many levels, lots of variety, not too long and a great value to boot. And reading the book you can see he has put a lot of thought into the workouts. Plus he is a hoot - I get his sense of humor and appreciate a crack up here and there while I'm sweatin.

Kaia, I don't see why you couldn't combine w/DB...they work the body differently but you may need to alternate each w/something a little lighter like dance or gentle yoga to give the muscles a rest. Maybe DF/YOGA/DB rest or repeat

yeeesh...that was a long post...probably more than you asked for ...been stuck in this house waaayyy to loong this week

Look forward to hearing what you think after you get them...keep us posted!
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 05:32 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons11 View Post
Kaia this set has a little of everything really. The 3 circuit workouts/wk per phase are total body 30-40min & include power, strength and endurance. His focus is on metabolic workouts. Although these are not straight cardio you will get your heartrate up & sweat. The 3 HEAT w/o on disk 4 are low impact aerobic cardio. One of my fav's is w/o A, Sweat & Stretch where he warms up your muscles w/one exercise & alternates a stretch or foam roller massage. Kinda yummy & uncomfortable at the same time but really gets the kinks out. Haven't done all the bonus workouts yet but the kettlebell DVD is fun. I think it's a great set - accessible to many levels, lots of variety, not too long and a great value to boot. And reading the book you can see he has put a lot of thought into the workouts. Plus he is a hoot - I get his sense of humor and appreciate a crack up here and there while I'm sweatin.

Kaia, I don't see why you couldn't combine w/DB...they work the body differently but you may need to alternate each w/something a little lighter like dance or gentle yoga to give the muscles a rest. Maybe DF/YOGA/DB rest or repeat

yeeesh...that was a long post...probably more than you asked for ...been stuck in this house waaayyy to loong this week

Look forward to hearing what you think after you get them...keep us posted!
Ha ha, thanks so much Buttons! Wow, these workouts sound great I am going to take your advice about taking some just yoga days if I rotate this with Dream Body. Plus, I want to add TA somehow in the mix too, so yeah, I'll have to throw in some easy days too. Omg, I LOVE that he threw in foam rolling and Kettlebells too - can't wait till I get these!
Thanks
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bj gaddour, delta fit, deltafit speedshred