Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-24-12, 03:05 PM  
gradgirl

Is Firm Express Cardio like Turbo Fire?

I really want to see if Turbo Fire is for me, but the clips they give you on Beachbody/youtube aren't long enough to really tell if the workouts will be too high intensity for me. Plus, if I have to modify the hell out of them, then I don't want to spend the $$.

I've been doing a mix of Firm Express clips on Hulu, and while most of the clips are a mix of cardio/sculpt, there are a few that are cardio only.

Here's one example: Ignite Cardio

They have a few other Cardio-only clips from the Express Series as well.

Would y'all say that these are Turbo Fire-esque?
gradgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 03:08 PM  
CarlaShanti

Tried to watch your clip but they won't let me view it in the UK! I have seen a few clips of Firm Express elsewhere I think it may be a bit more boot campy than Turbo Fire, which is more kickbox cardio-ish. If that makes sense.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 10:13 PM  
IrishOT

I don't think the Firm Express Cardio workouts are similar to Turbo Fire. Turbo Fire is more intense with more impact and have a much quicker feel. They are also longer in length. The HIIT workouts range from 30-60ish seconds of high intensity followed by approximately the same amount of time recovery.

The Firm Express workouts are lower intensity with more basic choeography. TF is not super complicated, but can take a few times to learn. The bursts/recovery are much shorter and less intense than the TF HIITs.

I personally like both workouts for different reasons. I love Tubo Fire and did several rotations with it, including a CLX/TF hybrid. I found the workouts to be fun, but after doing 3 rotations in a row, I got burnt out on TF, but still use them for cardio on days it is raining and I can't get a run in or something.

I have not done a FE rotation, but have been enjoying the workouts for add-ons when I have an extra 20 minutes in the morning after my scheduled workouts are finished.

HTH
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-12, 06:11 AM  
ldy_solana

Apples and Oranges. Even interval times are different. I find FE to be more drill like with 8 seconds on/12 seconds off. Even the Cardio/Sculpt and Sculpt workouts have bursts of cardio. TF is a mix of different cardio from longer steadier state with a burst and the HIIT is 30on/30off kickbox/drillesque like combos. Much prefer TF if you are looking only for cardio, it only has two so-so sculpt workouts. The pro of FE is that it's a mix of cardio and weights and easy to follow.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm express, the firm express kit, turbo fire, turbofire