Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-15, 11:43 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Hmm...I think I will have to update my letter of instruction. I have a list of who gets what in the safe deposit box-jewelry, coins, etc. I should also think of who gets my exercise DVDs.

Jackie and others who mentioned de-cluttering: There is a Decluttering Support and Motivation Check in if you are interested.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-15, 08:19 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

put it in my will

This is a timely thread. I was actually I writing my will Sunday so I spelled out the disposition of all my fitness gear & DVDs.

I hope my older sister enjoys them when I go, LOL. I even made sure to specify that she gets my 6ft round yoga mat. Now that i think about it, I hope she isn't 95 yrs old when I go!
Old 04-20-15, 10:13 PM  
Marilyn

I have had these thoughts from time to time. I figure my daughter, and maybe my younger son would sift through and pick some, although she loves Jillian and he gravitates towards P90X, neither of which I have.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-15, 01:26 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

These are dark thoughts! Very honestly I could not care less what happens to my DVDs. I keep buying/using/selling/trading/gifting them, hopefully to my last days. Many things are in my will but not the DVDs. Maybe I'm very selfish..

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-15, 05:15 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post

I hope my older sister enjoys them when I go, LOL. I even made sure to specify that she gets my 6ft round yoga mat. Now that i think about it, I hope she isn't 95 yrs old when I go!
True! If she's older than you, hopefully she's 120 when you go
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-15, 05:59 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
These are dark thoughts! Very honestly I could not care less what happens to my DVDs.
Me as well. I'm in my early 50s and death is hopefully a long way away for one thing. For another - well, I will assume that as my end nears I'll be concerned with more important things than long-obsolete fitness DVDs.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-15, 06:14 PM  
Calistro

I have thought about it, but mainly the shock of family finding all the exercise dvds in boxes under my bed. They will probably think I am a hoarder.

I don't think they will want them, so I need to pare down to a reasonable level.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-15, 07:37 PM  
Sunshine

Question

Dh is the kind to throw things out, but I've told him that he could make money with them.
Only problem: he's not good at selling things. Perfect example:he bought a car expressly to sell for a profit. We still have it 9 months later. oh and he's selling it at a loss.

I thought of giving them to a vidiot friend. But the other day I offered him free DVD's and he said "I don't want any more tapes" Blasphemy!

OK for you technology buffs: isn't it possible to convert DVD'S into whatever is selling nowadays?

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-15, 07:40 PM  
Sunshine

Funny you brought up this subject, I've been thinking exactly about this.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-15, 01:37 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Hmm...I think I will have to update my letter of instruction. I have a list of who gets what in the safe deposit box-jewelry, coins, etc. I should also think of who gets my exercise DVDs.

Jackie and others who mentioned de-cluttering: There is a Decluttering Support and Motivation Check in if you are interested.
i have to go check-in over there w/y'all....

thinking about where your possessions will be gifted to, and i mean all possessions, really helps put things in perspective.

when DS18 was born, DH and i finalized our will and revocable living trust. we also added the task of my parents' legal documents. i seem to recall that for items not specifically bequeathed, there's a catch-all bucket for everything else. going thru this the first time was very cathartic. i also didn't want my parents' estate to be a mess, therefore it was a relief when it was all done.

every so often, i mentally think about the many things i own, and what will happen to it, and instead of feeling morbid, it becomes more of a reminder of what's important in life.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote