Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-14, 08:47 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose2boys View Post
I have been doing alot of her stuff lately (I subscribe to online site)-- really liking it! Love the variety, too! Can't wait for even more new stuff...

Signed up for the Spring into Fitness CHallenge...I rarely finish these type of things 'cuz I get bored, don't always like to be told what to do, or change my mind . However, I would like to try...has anyone done the previous 90 day challenge & of so, comments/results/opinions???
I just did month three and commented a bit above. The most amazing thing to me about the challenge was how good I felt. Seriously, better than I have in years. Something about her style of teaching clicks with my body. I am much more flexible and have fewer aches and pains.

I'm really looking forward to the new 90 day challenge. Definitely, you can do more, change things up, etc. Sometimes I deviated because I was sore, had to be out of town, or just wanted something a bit different. For the most part, though, I stuck to the rotation.

She has an SBF Live Your Life group on FB. You have to ask to join (that keeps it from cluttering up all your friend's newsfeeds when you post) and it's great for those who do her challenges or workouts in general.
Old 04-24-14, 09:07 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I just subscribed to her website yesterday, and did 3 streaming workouts this morning! I love her workouts! They are just right for me, not too easy, not too hard! I am hooked, for now anyway, lol!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 09:24 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
She is also starting a new 90 Day Challenge using her streaming workouts. If you use the code SPRING you can try her streaming for 2 weeks free.
Cheri,
thanks for mentioning that! I may take advantage of it, especially given your glowing reviews!! (Are you still working out w/ Jessica also?)

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 11:01 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Cheri,
thanks for mentioning that! I may take advantage of it, especially given your glowing reviews!! (Are you still working out w/ Jessica also?)

Donna
I am. I do her barre, stretch, cardio flow, Pilates, and fusion w/os some. Some of the walking too. SBF has been the bulk of my "weight" type training, though.

Sherry-good to "see" you. So glad you are enjoying SBF too.
Old 04-24-14, 01:22 PM  
caitlinpyle

So are most of the SBF workouts barre, or ?? I'm interested in trying, too. Also the barre3. man I wish I could have all the time and energy in the world to do barre all day every day! it's really odd how much I like it. LOL
I have both current barre amped workouts. Barre Amped hardly made me sweat, but it made me shake!! and the core section I had to save for another time lolol
BarreAmped Bootcamp on the other hand was a sweat fest. loved the cardio was very surprised how much I sweat doing it.

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 03:04 PM  
starbelly

Suzanne Bowen was a Lotte Berk instructor so most of her workouts are barre based. She does also have a Pilates background and she uses some techniques from that style. What I really like about her workouts is that she uses a neutral spine instead of a tucked pelvis. Her streaming site has loads of workouts from 45 minute total body to 15 minute targeted segments. You can mix and match and get the workout your want. She also does minimal C-curve work and my back is much happier with her style than with other forms of barre.

I got TTT in Collage's sale and just bought the 2 BarreAmped DVDs from Mary. Suzanne is someone I am glad to support-- she is so genuine and really puts a lot of care into every workout. The streaming workouts have a mic pack and good lighting and while not DVD quality, are far better than most streaming workouts you can find.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 03:30 PM  
muffins135

I'm interested in this 90 day challenge. Is there a daily workout or do you have to choose your own?
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 03:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins135 View Post
I'm interested in this 90 day challenge. Is there a daily workout or do you have to choose your own?
I believe she will post or email a schedule. That's what she's done in the past.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 03:52 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

(Hi, Carol!!)

Will someone please post the challenge - if she doesn't post it on her site, I'm not on FB.

Thanks!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 03:57 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi,

(Hi, Carol!!)

Will someone please post the challenge - if she doesn't post it on her site, I'm not on FB.

Thanks!!!

Donna
They will be using her streaming workouts. She usually just emails the list to those people who have actually signed up for her challenge. There's nutritional info provided as well.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote