Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-14, 01:19 PM  
momof10

Colleen - February is so darn hard!!! The thing for me is I got away from HC and it's so hard to build back up to that level again. It's almost like Tonique in that it can be so intense that if I don't do it on a regular basis, I just lose all my strength as you said to do it again. I really need to do a HC workout twice a week or even if I incorporate it once a week. HC is the only workout set I have that has a warning label on it to not do it more than 3 times a week. LOL. I just wanted to add that you will love ATM. That one can be broken up into two 39 minute segments quite easily, plus it's very doable to do it all at once, too.

Cheryl
Old 04-24-14, 01:37 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Oh I'm so glad it wasn't just me with the February Y3! LOL I did it today and it was really one of the few times doing these workouts where I had to really focus on not feeling too demoralized about some of the moves I just couldn't do. I think this one took the place of HoCo Bootcamp as "hardest workout I own"

Thanks for the feedback on ATM, too! I can't wait to do that one. It looked great on preview.
Old 04-24-14, 02:46 PM  
Breezy Trousers

HOCO is definitely hard and not just in the usual sense. The 45-minute workouts are fine, but the 60-minute workouts really stress out my shoulders/neck. I don't know if that will ever change. Right now, I limit myself to one HOCO workout each week. I haven't ventured into the Hardcores yet -- just the Volumes and Boot Camp -for that reason. (The strengthen & stretch HOCO hardcore might be easier on the body -- not sure.)

Tonique never stresses my body, but it's the hardest workout I've ever done. I was doing just fine with Tonique until I met Born to Move's first workout. And I don't ever see myself doing FF's two-hour workout. If I do attempt it, I'll make sure I have an audience for that event the way Diana Nyad has people following her as she swims to Cuba. I'm serious.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 02:56 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
HOCO is definitely hard and not just in the usual sense. The 45-minute workouts are fine, but the 60-minute workouts really stress out my shoulders/neck. I don't know if that will ever change. Right now, I limit myself to one HOCO workout each week. I haven't ventured into the Hardcores yet -- just the Volumes and Boot Camp -for that reason. (The strengthen & stretch HOCO hardcore might be easier on the body -- not sure.)

Tonique never stresses my body, but it's the hardest workout I've ever done. I was doing just fine with Tonique until I met Born to Move's first workout. And I don't ever see myself doing FF's two-hour workout. If I do attempt it, I'll make sure I have an audience for that event the way Diana Nyad has people following her as she swims to Cuba. I'm serious.
Breezy can you actually do Bootcamp without using the step and still get a good workout? I have that one at home, but I have been a little afraid to do it, because it looks hard from preview AND because they use the step.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 03:10 PM  
LoveVA

My HoCos are definitely the hardest workouts I own (along with Kickbox Burn, Crossfire, and my Peak Cardio Interval Burn workouts).

I think it's interesting that I didn't mention Tonique as one of my hardest non puke in the bucket workouts. They are certainly hard, but for some reason I tend to compartmentalize Tonique because there is nothing else like it that I own: there's Tonique and then there's everything else. It didn't even enter my mind to mention it.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 03:22 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Breezy can you actually do Bootcamp without using the step and still get a good workout? I have that one at home, but I have been a little afraid to do it, because it looks hard from preview AND because they use the step.
I'm not sure, Bubbles, but that's a really good point! I may try BC that way and let you know how it goes ..... Being a vidiot, I tried Vol. 2 too quickly after doing a previous Volume. My neck/shoulders were feeling really stressed halfway through, so I removed the risers and just used the platform. I still got a great workout in.

(I suspect I have a weak core that translates into stress in the neck/shoulders. Not sure.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I think it's interesting that I didn't mention Tonique as one of my hardest non puke in the bucket workouts. They are certainly hard, but for some reason I tend to compartmentalize Tonique because there is nothing else like it that I own: there's Tonique and then there's everything else. It didn't even enter my mind to mention it.
Isn't that the truth!
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 04:14 PM  
ellaenchanted

Dream Body workouts
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 04:39 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I agree with Dela, FIF Sandbag is a tough, but, very enjoyable workout; the first week I started the 4 week rotation, I had to foam roll my hamstrings and butt for several days. For results, I felt stronger and my endurance and stamina was surprisingly better, I'm not a cardio junky, but I found that after that rotation, I could do a 30 minutes high intensity cardio, without taking a break! The FIF Bodyweight looks pretty tough too, but I haven't try that one yet.

Ugi workouts are tough too, I never thought a beautiful turquoise ball could work me hard like that . It is the first time I use the workouts consistenly, so I see I'm getting better and stronger to do the exercises, at the beginning (when I first bought it) I thought I chose the wrong weight, as it was pretty tough for upper body exercises, now I find myself taking less to barely no break while doing them, I also can do now trycep extensions without subbing for another free weight (sometimes of the same weight) it is funny how the size of the ball made it felt heavier! The core exercises are tough too, I'm getting better at those, but I still have to take a break here and there. For the cardio I sometimes can keep going, but for some moves I just drop that ball when I feel I can't do no more and keep going/jumping bodyweight only. I also love that there are some exercises that use the ball as a bosu. The good thing is that there is no dread factor with these workouts for me, I them, and before the 10 minutes mark I'm in total sweat!

ETA: Ok ok, I think I just did my hardest tonight... "Ultimate Abs & Core" by Laura Tarbell... That workout is HARDCORE!! I admire how she can keep going non stop when I'm about to die! The dvd is well chaptered, but it would be more versatile it we could mix and match them. It's 53 minutes long.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!

Last edited by AsSweetAsSugar; 04-25-14 at 12:56 AM. Reason: ETA
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 04:53 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I'll nominate an oldie: the Upper Body Split from Cathe's CTX is draining. If I go heavy, I work every upper body part to failure and feel like a noodle at the end.
Old 04-24-14, 06:21 PM  
Honeydew

[QUOTE=kariev34;2392784]I would say ballet body downloads. They are so tough but don't run me into the ground.

I agree with this.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote