Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-24-14, 10:17 AM  
bzbnmom

Stretchy-flexy workout recs?

I'm discovering that I need less intense workouts in my collection. I do mostly Cathe. I'm thinking flexibility and stretching and (and loosey?) feel-good movement. To give you an idea, two DVDs that I have and would like "easier" versions of are Bodyfit 360 and Pure Spice -- tho Pure Spice is not my usual it's very hard to learn.

I'm ordering from Mary today and I'm considering Ellen Barrett's Fusion Flow and Kari Anderson's Center Floor and Sweat Express II, maybe Tracie Long's Reach Further. Would these be good for me? Do you have any recommendations? Thanks.
bzbnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 10:33 AM  
bubbles76

I am really loving Liquid Grooves. Don't know why, as I didn't dig Breathe. Maybe I will try to reacquire that one too. Anyway, Liquid Grooves is my Soul Sweat cousin. I LOVE Soul Sweat. Either Soul Sweat or Liquid Grooves.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 10:49 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I just did Jessica Smith's Total Body Balance today and this fits the bill! A perfect workout for lowering intensity, a moderate sweat, some strength, and increasing flexibility. I did only Cathe-style workouts for many years, and due to many overtraining injuries, I switched to lower intensity and found Jessica. I'm so utterly glad I did!
Lori_Michigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 10:53 AM  
moonbeam31

I also suggest Ellen Barrett's Fat Burning Fusion as well! Once you try her Studio workouts-you will be addicted!! Also Jessica Smith's newer ones like Barefoot Fusion Walk on Strength & Balance and her total Body Balance as well! These are my absolute favorites for stretchy-flexy workouts!!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 05:44 PM  
missaulnier

I third Ellen Barrett - I have all her DVDs, I'm a huge fan of her whole approach. I find I get a really good workout if I focus on precision and form.

I love BalletBody/Leah Sarago for a fast paced sculpt with great stretches. Callanetics has fabulous stretches integrated in all the very, very effective exercises but Callanetics doesn't give you that satisfying, big range of motion and flow feeling.

Another VFer just recommended the BellyFit DVDs to me, and I love them. They are definitely yoga/new-age in the vibe but the belly and tribal dance inspired cardio is fun and I work up a great sweat, and love having 20 minutes at the end of stretch and isolations. I also have this kooky DVD called Tantric Toning - the instructor is kind of odd but I love the workout. Sort of similar to Liquid Grooves/BREATHE/TaiChi based movements at an aerobic pace.
missaulnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 05:59 PM  
sunday

Ellen!

I am getting back into Ellen lately and am loving it alternated with yoga. Ellen is all flowing Pilates movements with some ballet and calisthenics mixed in. She does most of her work in turn out and is known for very large ranges of motion.

I think any of hers would be good.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 08:08 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Don't know why, as I didn't dig Breathe. Maybe I will try to reacquire that one too.
I found both Breathe workouts to be TIFT fests. I really wanted to like them, but the TIFTing drove me nuts. Does Liquid Grooves take it from the top?
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 08:47 PM  
Zenara25

I recently did Ellen Barrett's Slim Sculpt and it really reminded me of an easier BodyFit 360.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-14, 08:55 PM  
SEV

Check out Jessica Smith. Three that I have tried are Flow-Yo, Core Stretch on the ball and Dance Stretch.

But, I share your wish for a slightly easier Body Fit 360, that would be perfect!!

Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote