Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-18, 08:14 AM  
upperwside

Dropping paid subscriptions due to YouTube workouts?

I am/have cancelling almost all my paid subscriptions , due to such awesome YouTube content. I cancelled Kelly Coffey's site, she does not put up enough videos to justify the price.. especially in Canadian dollars. I also cancelled PowerStrike, Lauren Brooks and TaeBo Today. I am keeping Cathe On Demand/live and will keep BeachBody On Demand as well.

I am loving and am obsessed with Private Gym workouts and Sydney Cummings workouts are my most favorite ever! I also love Yvette's for some serious cardio calorie bun action! It is amazing the free content you can get. I will pay, if they end up doing a streaming site in the future to support them.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-18, 08:52 AM  
ellaenchanted

I don't have subscriptions for that very reason. Most are either too expensive or the content isn't subscription-worthy. I am considering Studio Tone It Up but I wish they still made some downloads. I haven't decided yet since I just use their free content, daily moves, and the downloads I already purchased. And, like you said, there is so much great youtube content that is even better than the paid sub. content.

I prefer to spend the money on a gym membership. I usually get a 3 or 6 month package for variety and access to equipment I don't want to buy.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-18, 09:42 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
I am loving and am obsessed with Private Gym workouts
What are the Private Gym workouts? I don't think what I'm finding with google is the same.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-18, 10:16 AM  
deineira

There's definitely a lot of YT content, but I don't find the quality to be high enough to drop my subscriptions...but it's awesome for those of you who find good substitutes.

What have you found that is on par with Ilaria's workouts? Her site is expensive, so I cycle off and on. I would love to find a free instructor as good, but I haven't.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-18, 10:19 AM  
cindyw75

I only have one paid subscription Cathe OnDemand w/Cathe Live. I can't imagine going without it. Cathe Live is a great motivator.
cindyw75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-18, 10:54 AM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
What are the Private Gym workouts? I don't think what I'm finding with google is the same.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxF...PY877Zg/videos

I love Wendel, and his new Bootcamp is fantastic!! Cardio and intense strength all in one!!
Old 05-03-18, 10:55 AM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
There's definitely a lot of YT content, but I don't find the quality to be high enough to drop my subscriptions...but it's awesome for those of you who find good substitutes.

What have you found that is on par with Ilaria's workouts? Her site is expensive, so I cycle off and on. I would love to find a free instructor as good, but I haven't.
Nothin on par with Ilaria, I love Athletica.. but have the DVDS. It is almost $50 a month in Canadian dollars to subscribe. I cycle on and off as well. I will go back again in the Fall for a month or two.
Old 05-03-18, 10:56 AM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyw75 View Post
I only have one paid subscription Cathe OnDemand w/Cathe Live. I can't imagine going without it. Cathe Live is a great motivator.
I pay for the whole year, I will never give up my Cathe!!
Old 05-03-18, 10:57 AM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
I don't have subscriptions for that very reason. Most are either too expensive or the content isn't subscription-worthy. I am considering Studio Tone It Up but I wish they still made some downloads. I haven't decided yet since I just use their free content, daily moves, and the downloads I already purchased. And, like you said, there is so much great youtube content that is even better than the paid sub. content.

I prefer to spend the money on a gym membership. I usually get a 3 or 6 month package for variety and access to equipment I don't want to buy.
Maybe they have a free trial, to see if you will be happy with the content for the price?
Old 05-03-18, 11:45 AM  
rhbrand

I'm the same way. Keeping Cathe, and Beachbody, and freebies from YouTube.

Besides, if they are monetized, they will get money from YouTube, so if you have a channel you like on YouTube, let the ad run once in a while so increase their pay out. I like to do that for YouTube channels ,esp the smaller ones, that I like to increase the money they get from YouTube. Might keep them going.

Tags
gym membership, youtube, youtube channels