Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-07-18, 03:53 AM  
rhbrand

How are you tracking your workouts?

Just wondering.

I'm trying to find the best way to track my workouts. I use to love the old Streaming Colors calendars back when they were in prints. It was so easy to make different types of workouts different colors.

Apps are not set up to track something like I do, a combo of lifting heavy and video based workouts.

How do you track your workouts? I'm trying to just write them in a day planner and its ok, but always looking for that perfect thing I guess lol.
Old 03-07-18, 07:12 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
How do you track your workouts? I'm trying to just write them in a day planner and its ok, but always looking for that perfect thing I guess lol.
Same!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 07:58 AM  
bubbles76

I track my workouts very loosely. I print out my rotation for the month (or if I'm doing a program, several months) and check off the days I complete. I don't keep them in a folder or anything once they are completed, I just move on to the next thing.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 08:14 AM  
Mickey12

I don't do anything technical either. I have a pad with pre-printed Sun through Sat sections. I write the date in each section and add my workout, steps and active minutes (from my fitbit). If I don't workout for that day, I put a big X. This makes it easy to count up my total days worked out at the end of the year.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 08:18 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I use a plain old paper monthly calendar. I jot down the workout(s) on the day, add them up per week and month and carry the number over to the next month when I flip the page.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 08:34 AM  
BunnyHop

I've only recently started keeping a bit of a journal and add whatever I've done in with that. Still don't really have a specific method of notation or tracking yet.

For me, it's mostly about keeping track of my various discomforts and what sort of work seems to help. (MELT Method is a keeper, though, that much I can tell so far, LOL!!)
Old 03-07-18, 10:32 AM  
BriscF

I use a 5 x 7 notebook and I track the date, the workout (along with the weights used if any and if using a step, how high), the duration and the calories burned. I've had this notebook since 2010 and it's interesting to see what workouts I did that actually got me results.
BriscF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 11:10 AM  
jusca

I use printable workout calendars most of my DVDs come with. I pin them to my wall by the tv I use to workout. Some have charts for tracking weights. If not, I make my own or find someone else's chart online. I use a printed weekly calendar and check off all of my completed workouts. I put a checkmark in and seal the day's box with a cute motivational sticker for grade schoolers. I think it reminds me to remember encouraging thoughts.

I use Evernote to make notes on what I did during a particular rotation because the stickers on the calendar cover up the record of workouts I did. It's always helpful to revisit what exactly worked in the past.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 12:04 PM  
cindyw75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I track my workouts very loosely. I print out my rotation for the month (or if I'm doing a program, several months) and check off the days I complete. I don't keep them in a folder or anything once they are completed, I just move on to the next thing.
I do the same thing basically. I plan a rotation for 7 weeks (one of the weeks is recovery) in an Excel file. I print it out and cross off the workouts as I complete them. This year I've decided to keep the sheets so I can see my hard work at the end of the year.
cindyw75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 12:16 PM  
Hsim

I find that nothing works better than an excel spreadsheet. I track workouts by category, instructor, date and weights. I even include notes about the workouts.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote