Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-26-13, 07:51 PM  
gerrie

Bikini Bootcamp was last night's workout.

This Bikini Bootcamp is similar in format to the first Bikini Bootcamp. This new Bootcamp has about 25 minutes of cardio work with the band, then there is almost 20 minutes of more cardio with very small dumbbells, about 10 minutes on the floor for ab work and a few minutes of stretching. The first Bootcamp did not use bands and had glute and ab work on the floor.

While doing the cardio work both upper and lower body are in constant motion. The arms are moving/punching/pressing/pulling while the lower body is lunging/squatting/curtseying/hopping. The cardio work includes standing ab work along with the obvious upper and lower body work. There is also some plank work.

Next is a shorter section using one or two pound dumbbells. This was a fun section . I felt a little clumsy earlier with the band, I do better with the dumbbells. There was some hopping on one foot that had a hopscotch feel to it.
You finish with abs on the floor-- some new moves different from previous DB workouts. There is a brief but nice stretch.
This was the easiest workout so far in the series. I also thought that the Bikini Bootcamp in the first series was the easiest one in that series. I like the variety of moves and don't feel that the second Bootcamp is TOO reminiscent of the first one.
gerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 08:12 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
I ordered from Mary and after trying to be patient, I finally emailed her today to see if she knew when she would receive the DVD's. Her response was: "No, I asked her (Darby) for a tracking number a couple of days ago and she said she would check with her distributor and I haven't heard back from her yet."

Trying to continue be patient and in the meantime, thank you very much for the reviews!

Chris
Thanks for the update, Chris! I'm trying so hard to be patient, too . . . but it's getting tougher and tougher!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 10:11 AM  
gerrie

Fusion Fifty

This is a fifty minute workout with an almost 30 minute cardio section followed by a toning section and ending with a few minutes of stretching.

There are several new moves that I liked. There is a move similar to the yoga move where you kick your legs up behind you while your hands are on the floor (as if attempting a hand stand). There are one-armed burpees, shoulder push ups from the down dog position followed by both feet kicking up towards the tush. Brooke does a tough pretzel variation, plank work that includes glute lifts and a standing move that has you balancing one one leg while squeezing a ball behind the knee of the lifted leg and simultaneously doing a triceps press with the band.

This workout was probably my favorite of the new series and I think Brooke's workout in the first series was my favorite of that series.
Old 07-28-13, 10:35 AM  
gerrie

Bata Barre

This workout has about 24 minutes in the (Ta)Bata section. Then there is about 26 minutes toning and a few minutes of stretching for a total of 54 minutes.

Once again most of the moves, whether cardio or toning, are total body moves or at least multi-part moves. Some of the standing Tabata moves are done with the circle band around the ankles. We also had some tough triceps dip variations. The barre section is done barefoot and makes good use of a slider in some of the moves. There are some glute lifts done from a plank position (not exactly the same as in Fusion Fifty). As a modification to the plank-with-glute work, you can do the glute lifts on all fours. I thought this was especially challenging as the glute lifts are done with the ball squeezed behind the knee.

After doing this workout just once, my impression is that the barre section may be more difficult than the barre section from the Barre workout of the first series. However the Tabatas may be easier than the tabatas from Tabata and Toning (first series).
Old 07-28-13, 11:55 AM  
edensmom

Thanks Gerrie fir sharing your thoughts. I'm excited to hear you liked the Fusion with Brooke best as that is hands down my fave from the first series. Really really want at least an update on when mine will arrive....but these reviews will help me decide what to do first when they do arrive.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 04:55 PM  
momofcha

Gerrie - thanks so much for your reviews!!!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 01:45 PM  
HRCFitness

Has anyone who ordered this from Mary gotten it yet?
Thanks
HRCFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 01:46 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCFitness View Post
Has anyone who ordered this from Mary gotten it yet?
Thanks
Mary hasn't received them herself yet.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 01:48 PM  
marmact

Mary is FINALLY showing these as in stock (ok, there's a quantity of "1" but I hope that's just because she's shipping all the pre-orders).
Old 07-29-13, 01:49 PM  
ChrisS

Thanks for the update - fingers crossed that Mary has them now!

Chris
ChrisS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body