Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-08, 02:24 PM  
SAF

Tell me I'm not the only one??

Does anyone else ever buy doubles or multiples of the same thing(clothes, shoes, dvds..etc.),either same exact thing or same style, different color and WHY do you think you do this??? Are you happy doing this or is it like a compulsion???

How did you "stop" doing this and save yourself the aggravation and $$.
SAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-08, 02:33 PM  
lissalaurel76

Well, I've done it with just a few things. I've bought 2 of the same shirts because I liked them so much & wanted to have a back up if 1 got stained or torn or just worn out over time. It's been a good practice because that 2nd backup of a favorite shirt has become pretty handy. I'll buy 2 of the same bra too, in different colors, but I think that's normal. If a bra fits well & you want different colors to go under different shirts (for instance a white bra under a white shirt, a black one under a black or dark colored shirt, a pink one under pink or rosey colored stuff, etc... ) I've bought shoes that I liked in more than 1 color too.
Old 11-03-08, 02:45 PM  
westiegirl

I do. I just bought a couple of pairs of shoes that are the same just in different colors. I do this with shirts also and jeans. I guess if it fits good might as well have a couple pairs since I am petite it's hard to find things that actually fit well. I also wear a size 5 to 5 1/2 shoe so it's hard to find a pair of shoes that fit my narrow feet. I only do this with clothes and shoes.
westiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-08, 02:56 PM  
daisysunshine

if i like the style of shirt i buy like a various of colours
dvds - sometimes, (mostly by accident)

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-08, 03:10 PM  
caligurl

i have a few shirts that i have doubles of in diff colors.... and jeans in the same style but different wash/distress/color...

shoes... hmmmmm i don't recall every buying the same exact style in diff colors.....

dvd's i'm not sure what you mean double of.... i mean i don't buy 2 or any one specific dvd... but of course i have more than one weight dvd... more than one spinterval dvd...
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-08, 03:12 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

If I like a style of a shirt or jeans, then I'll buy them in different colors.
Old 11-03-08, 03:34 PM  
Calistro

If I find something that works for me, I buy two or three more, whether it be clothe's, shoes, dvds etc..., but generally it is clothes as I am very picky, I dont tend to follow fashion much, I just dress in the clothes I like. I have been known to buy two of the same coats, or five of the same blouses, just because I really liked it and wanted to have a back up. , and sometimes do that with a few of my favorite workouts, but they really have to be a favorite.

Calistro
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-08, 03:40 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

When I find workout shoes I like (vegan and that fit nicely) I buy two or three pairs (or more) of the same style. Shoes seem to get discontinued quite frequently.

I also have started buying multiples, but in different colors, of pants I like. I often can't find pants that fit well or that I like the look of.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-08, 03:47 PM  
Pam L
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S
If I like a style of a shirt or jeans, then I'll buy them in different colors.
Same here. I have a hard time finding the right fit and style for me. Saves me money in the long run.
Old 11-03-08, 03:58 PM  
SAF

But, if I want to simplify things and take back a lot of excess, clothes or shoes, how do I decide which things to keep of few of for back ups, then I'm back to square one because that would include everything.

Do I just say keep ONE or TWO would be the maximum limit, and return everything else. With me, I almost need a hard fast rule to get me to do this.

AND..next step after returning things....how do I stop myself from going to 2 or 3 Ross stores once a week, which I have been doing for a while.

How to break the habit, so to speak. It's not easy but, I want to.
SAF is offline   Reply With Quote