Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-08, 02:27 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Amy Bento's new Dynamic Series - 5 (or 6) DVDs filming soon

Jen from AdvancedWorkouts.com is going to be in Amy Bento's upcoming DVD series - more news on Jen's blog here.

Looks like it's going to be a Bosu workout, strength training, advanced kettlebell workout, abs+stretch, hi-lo and (tentatively) a hip-hop walking workout.
Old 05-23-08, 02:45 PM  
ssgilby

Thanks for the info, Dawn. For once I am not even tempted. After Amy's last two (which are okay, but I don't love them), I have come to realize I am just not destined to really click with Amy. I love KBX, but despite trying all of her other w/os, I just can't get into Amy. She seems like such a sweet instructor, that I almost feel bad about that! LOL!
Old 05-23-08, 02:49 PM  
ellaenchanted

Yesssssssssss!

I hope she does do the hip hop walking becaus eit sound sreally fun.

And I hope she makes a total body, 50-60 minute weight training workout that doesn't require too much equipment.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 02:50 PM  
naturallove

I am definitely interested in the Hi/Lo Workout, Hip-Hop Walking Workout (finally accepted I need to cross train better!) and possibly the abs/stretch workout, depending on the types of exercises Amy plans. I don't think my knee likes me to do cardio on the BOSU right now, and I traded Slo-Mo without even opening it. Again, it would depend on what kinds of strength Amy was planning--something functional without lots of equipment would be nice. I'm definitely interested in the kettlebell workout, but will wait for reviews on the first one.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 02:50 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby
After Amy's last two (which are okay, but I don't love them), I have come to realize I am just not destined to really click with Amy. I love KBX, but despite trying all of her other w/os, I just can't get into Amy. She seems like such a sweet instructor, that I almost feel bad about that! LOL!
I feel pretty much the same way (except I don't "love KBX").

I've culled several of her workouts from my collection, and there are others I maybe should get rid of because I don't use them for various reasons : too much space, choreo that doesn't flow for me, annoying lack of cuing, weight moves that seem 'innovative' just for the heck of it and sometimes of questionable safety.

The advanced kettlebell workout sounds tempting, but I'm afraid I would end up disappointed in it for some of the above reasons.

I have too many workouts already, and don't need any more that may be just 'okay' for me.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 02:51 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

I'd be interested in the walking and maybe the hi/lo since I can modify the impact downward.
Old 05-23-08, 03:03 PM  
berry99

Not even remotely interested in any of these offerings except the Hip Hop walk. That sounds kind of interesting, but I'll be waiting for more details on this one.
Old 05-23-08, 03:14 PM  
Calistro

I am starting to feel the love for Amy again

Last edited by Calistro; 06-01-08 at 04:20 PM. Reason: I am slowly changing my mind
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 03:15 PM  
Mandy

I'm sure I'll be getting these. Although I don't have kettlebells or BOSU
But I hope the Strength Dynamics will be challenging high rep. Similiar to Cathe's powerhour or Get Ripped. Amy's got to give Jari some competition!
Old 05-23-08, 03:26 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby
Thanks for the info, Dawn. For once I am not even tempted. After Amy's last two (which are okay, but I don't love them), I have come to realize I am just not destined to really click with Amy. I love KBX, but despite trying all of her other w/os, I just can't get into Amy. She seems like such a sweet instructor, that I almost feel bad about that! LOL!
Ditto to that....Amy seems really sweet, but I've tried several of her workouts and traded them all! Kudos to her for her new project, though.