Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-08, 12:59 PM  
Tess_ATL

What is the most challenging workout (for you) in your collection?

I'm curious what you all find very challenging. For me, it's circuits. Something about doing weights right after tough cardio just gets me puke in a bucket type winded. I've been trying to do more of them, thinking maybe its just a conditioning thing and I'll get used to it. I did Ripped 1000 the other morning and it just absolutely slayed me. I can do the other Ripped workouts no problem, can do Cathe's Imax 2 no problem, run on a treadmill, whatever - but 1 min. cardio bursts followed by compound exercises? Tough stuff!!
Tess_ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 01:31 PM  
Mandy

I think Cathe's Terminater workout is about the toughest. It has Imax2 intervals mixed with Cathe's Muscle Endurance weight work and Bootcamp weights and cardio.

I think Imax2 and Imax3 is the toughest cardio for me. I get so sweaty that my hair is really drenched and it needs to be washed. But I also sweat alot on circuits too.

The Ultimate Tae Bo 90 minute is a real endurance challenge for me also.

But I agree with you totally about circuits. I just did a combo of Imax2 intervals 1-5 with Bodymax 2 leg circuit. And yes, Ima2 was tough, BUT you get to rest on the intervals. Where with Bodymax2 leg circuit, there was a step blast interval, but there is no rest, you go right to leg work and I was getting to that throwing up point...lol.
Old 05-23-08, 01:36 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did the long step & weights premix from Step Blast, and I'm totally spent today. Even, with the old Firm workouts, I always got more tired from them than separate weights or cardio.
Old 05-23-08, 01:38 PM  
adrien_73

I think this depends on whether you are specifically asking about DVD workouts. Without a doubt, running & spinning are my toughest workouts. Cardio Coach 7 & Press Play wear me out completely! Spinning (Spinervals & Cycle All Terrain) is a close second.

AOS kettlebell DVDs & Keith Webber's Cardio Kettlebell workouts knock me out.

Cathe's Imaxes & Body Max 1&2 dang near kill me! (I have never used her Terminator DVD, though it has been sitting on my shelf for YEARS!)

I agree...Ultimate Tae BO is a toughie, but I LOVE it!

Sorry, I can't pick just one!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 01:43 PM  
fit44

Hands down P90X Plyo & P90X+ interval.
Just when you think it's getting easier, you can jump a little higher to the point of coughing up a lung!! I love what plyo does for my legs.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 01:58 PM  
getinshape

It's a toss up between anything in the Spinervals collection and Barry's Bootcamp 5 Day Academy ...
Old 05-23-08, 02:02 PM  
Carol_is_fit

I have a couple of Art of Strength kettlebell workouts I haven't yet done, but of the workouts I have done, it's a tie between AoS Providence, and Mindy's gliding/BOSU workout titled Ultimate Balance of Cardio, Balance, Strength & Stability ... or something along those lines ...

Carol
Old 05-23-08, 02:03 PM  
RubyBlue

Supercallanetics. I find it even harder than IMAX 3 (although they are obviously testing different kinds of fitness.)
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 02:09 PM  
ssgilby

Funny, I just did R1000 again this morning, and I agree, it's a killer. My legs were fried by the time I was done!

I have some Cathes that truthfully I'm afraid to try, and I have no desire to even acquire Imax 3 as I've heard it borders on the impossible! I traded away her Terminator without even having tried it!

I guess I can't decide which w/o is the most challenging as it depends on my mood. Some days the very thought of doing a certain w/o makes me shudder and other days I crave it.

I will say that as much as I love Bryan Kest's Power Yoga series, the second session, Tone, is very difficult for me. It's very challenging physically, and for me, it's challenging on a mental level too, as are some of his live class audio downloads. I have to be in just the right mood to take on those.

ETA: Laura's post reminded me that P90X Chest & Back probably is my most challenging w/o simply for the fact that I dread it so much. It is nothing short of a push up/pull up/chin up marathon. Three excercises I'm not a fan of!
Old 05-23-08, 02:16 PM  
getinshape

Speaking of yoga, I find Mark Blanchard's Progressive Power Yoga series to be the most challenge yoga I've ever attempted! I still can't do a headstand ... actually, I'm kinda afraid to try. Something about that inversion that freaks me out