Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-03-20, 04:37 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I was up at 3:30 and didn't go back to sleep until 9:00, so I got a slow start to the day. I went for a walk with DH. It is a picture-perfect day here today. I also worked on creating graphics for Pinterest pins. It is how I've decided to try to market my stuff for now.

Last night, the small group we are a part of through church got together via Zoom. It was a small group, but it was great to see people. We're going to keep doing it on Thursday evenings, our normal meeting time, for the forseeable future.

DH is getting dinner ready without me, so I gotta go. I'm hungry!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 08:46 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Leslie Sansone's Pilates You Can Do and a neighborhood walk with DH.

We did hear from DH's doctor and our concerns about a return of the cancer have been answered - it's not, but he does have kidney stones, so he had to go to the pharmacy today and pick up a prescription.

Anita, hope your day went well. Was Target crowded? Last time we went, we wore masks. DH found some painters masks unopened in the garage. There are four in the packs so we're planning to use those. I'd sew some but I can't find any small elastic in my stash. Hope you and Gus got a walk in. DH says Lowe's is open. There's a Lowes next store to the Target we use, so may dash over there and get some gardening stuff the next time we go to Target.

Laura, I overslept this morning too. Picture perfect day here too. Is it fun to go to church gatherings via Zoom?
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 08:01 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on putzing and walking Gus - poor guy didn't get a walk yesterday as everything was pretty icy - I didn't want to fall . Everything went well yesterday at the WRC - more people showed up than expected - I assume they passed their screening to work. I learned how to take care of muskrats and opossums, so everything there got covered. No Target run though - roads were pretty icy also. I need to find some filter material for my water feature's pump - might try shopping for it online instead of browsing various garden centers and aquatic stores.

Laura, hope I get some of that nice weather here also - do you have crabapples and fruit trees blooming there yet? Nice to use Zoom for your video meetings - I'm seeing that app recommended a lot!

Paula, kidney stones! Hope the meds work to clear him and hope he doesn't need surgery! No Target yesterday - I do have a mask I wear at WRC, suppose I could wear it at Target also when I do my trip - it's now a recommendation by our Governor to wear masks. I've got some painters masks also, but the elastic is so old that it snaps if you try to put it on .

Waves to all (from >6 foot distance!)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 12:21 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I went out this morning, but so did everyone else. Walmart has joined Costco in creating a maze to get into the store. More people are wearing masks. I didn't have one, but when I got home, the ones I ordered from Sweaty Bands were waiting for me. What do you think? My glasses fog up every time I breathe. Sheesh.

Paula, I hope the meds work for your DH. I've never had kidney stones, but I've heard they are no fun.

Anita, ice? We are at 72 already.

Laura, I slept a lot yesterday. I must have been behind on my sleep. I took part in a zoom meeting a couple of weeks ago. Apparently a couple of the women didn't know we could see them. One of them was walking around the house carrying her phone with her, and she ate lunch. We got an amusing view of all of it.

Yesterday I did my customized upper body routine and a body groove workout. I am so out of my element with those. I feel silly. But I do break a pretty good sweat.
Old 04-04-20, 05:32 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's another beautiful day here. We went over to Mom and Dad's this afternoon and visited with them awhile. The rest of the day was taken up with various things. The day just sort of melted away.

Anita - I'm sorry you're having ice. It's April. It might not be warm there yet, but it seems like it shouldn't be freezing! Yeah, we have had fruit trees blooming for awhile. And now, leaves are budding on the rest of the trees.

Paula - Your husband's diagnosis seems like good news (more so) / bad news. It's great he doesn't have cancer. I'm sorry he has to deal with kidney stones. I saw on the news today that Home Depot and Lowes are considered critical businesses. I hope you find what you need for the gardening you want to do.

Dede - I've been in one of those trends where I get good sleep, just not enough of it. Eventually, I'll sleep. I hope you feel better. I had to laugh at your glasses fogging up. It's not so much funny as "Well, of COURSE!"

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 07:43 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Travis Eliot Ying Yoga for Happy Hips and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Anita, sorry you're still having ice and cold. I am glad you were able to get out of the house and work at the WRC. I wore a mask for the first time at our last trip to Target, it does fog up my glasses, but I'm still going to use it. DH has had kidney stones in the past, not fun, but he knows what to expect and how to deal with them.

DeeDe, I keep postponeing verturing into Costco as the last time I went it was such a maze I gave up and left. Yeah, kidney stones can be very painful depending upon size, but still a better diagnosis than a return of cancer. You're rocking that mask!

Laura, beautiful day here too. But that should change tomorrow - rain in the forecast, I'm OK with that. Yes, the kidney stones are a better dx than the allternative. Not sure whether I'll go to Lowes garden center, depends how much more rain we're supposed to get.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote