Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-20, 02:11 PM  
BigBadBetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I just tried to sign up at PetSmart for a store pick-up. (We need cat litter.) I chose Paypal as payment. Every time I clicked on Confirm Payment, it kept taking me back to my cart to start over.

I'm usually a whiz at shopping online, but I gave up after the fifth time and emptied my cart.

Sigh.
I know that a lot of the pick-up and delivery sites aren't working right because of high demand.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 02:15 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

We've used Walmart Grocery pick up for ages (since they started). Yes, you need the app. It's super simple. $35 minimum and no charge.
Old 04-01-20, 02:22 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks for the replies and tips!

I usually LOVE to shop online, but this current situation has sucked the fun right out of it.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 02:52 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Here in Pennsylvania, different stores use different services. At Wegmans and Price Chopper, they use Instacart. At Giant, they use Peapod. I didn’t have to download an app for any of the services. I had my groceries delivered to me last week through Instacart. This week we are doing curbside pick up at the Giant. I just went to the stores website and clicked on either delivery or pick up. With Instacart they actually text you as they’re shopping if items aren’t available or if you want replacements. It was a great experience! Locally, you have to place an order at least 3 to 4 days out. They are absolutely crazy busy. We also have some local stores that you can place phone orders with. It really just depends on the store.
I'm in NYS (upstate, about 3.5 hours north of the city). I placed an online order with Price Chopper Monday morning and it was delivered through Instacart last night. I didn't need an app. The shopper did a great job of texting me to let me know when things I wanted weren't available and suggesting substitutions. The only problem was that after she made the delivery and left, my husband said that I didn't give her a big enough tip. If I had used the Instacart app, I could go back in and adjust the tip up to three days after receiving my order to give her more money. Without using the Instacart app, we can't change the tip, they go with what I first entered on the store website.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 03:06 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I just tried to sign up at PetSmart for a store pick-up. (We need cat litter.) I chose Paypal as payment. Every time I clicked on Confirm Payment, it kept taking me back to my cart to start over.

I'm usually a whiz at shopping online, but I gave up after the fifth time and emptied my cart.

Sigh.
Cat litter is really really hard to find right now. It may have been selling out as you tried to grab it.

You have another thread on Chewy.com - I have cat litter coming from there. Didn't comment on that thread as this is my first order with them and it hasn't arrived yet.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 03:29 PM  
sherry7899

We order this litter from Walmart.com. It is in stock:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Purina-Ti...ta&athena=true

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 03:56 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’ve been doing pick up for a long time, it’s great. Don’t know about your area, but the wait is much longer here lately so select your pick up date well in advance.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 05:48 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Cat litter is really really hard to find right now. It may have been selling out as you tried to grab it.

You have another thread on Chewy.com - I have cat litter coming from there. Didn't comment on that thread as this is my first order with them and it hasn't arrived yet.
Cat litter, really? Why is that, I wonder. What, are people using it for tp, lol.

I have three cats, so that's making me a bit anxious. I have enough for probably a couple of weeks, I have half of a large bag from Costco. I guess I better start looking soon, just in case.
Old 04-02-20, 11:53 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Cat litter, really? Why is that, I wonder. What, are people using it for tp, lol.
LOL! Would not surprise me.

Safeway and Lucky here have been well stocked with cat litter. I tried to order from Safeway's website and they have minimums for both delivery and pickup. Many of the products I wanted were not available on the site, and as I only needed a few items, I ended up going to the store.

My mom and stepdad in Florida have been doing the Walmart pickup for over a year now via the website and like it a lot as they both have mobility issues. She said that a lot of stuff isn't showing up on the site lately so my stepdad has had to go into the store once or twice to check shelves.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 12:57 PM  
Leonana

I went to Walmart today and found cat litter! And Listerine. I tried Costco, as it was senior hours this morning and I'm 60. I went there an hour before it opened. However, the line was still really long, so I gave up.

Tags
cats, coronavirus, covid-19