Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-20, 11:03 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies!

Thought I'd check in.

Not much going on here....all my classes have been cancelled so I am offering Essentrics on Zoom. I can't do any pre recorded workouts...has to be live. Just trying to offer to keep my regulars coming to class and give them a sense of normalcy in this very abnormal time. I am not charging for these classes. Several of my regulars have said they'd pay for class...but I just don't feel right about it.

Trying to decide if I sent dh to Costco tomorrow. That's about the excitement of life...

Pat I was sorry to hear about your dh being laid off, and Kate too. Seems to be a lot of that going around. So very sorry.

Sherry I'm glad you got the washer sorted out. What kind did you get?

Pam I'm about ready to bite on the ePilates membership.

Cyana are you making any interesting food?

Waves to Margot.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 09:40 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

Jackie! So glad to see you! We bought a Whirlpool top loader. We are very basic people-the less bells and whistles to break, the better!

Yesterday I did two sessions of cardio of fifteen minutes each. My energy level for cardio has disappeared and that's all I could do. I did 15 minutes of Sweatin to the Oldies 5, and 15 minutes of Body Groove HIIT workout 3.

I'll try to post again later. I did have to go to the grocery store today. It was fairly empty and they did have everything we needed.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 10:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi ladies, nothing formal for me yesterday. I brought nitrile gloves to the office and scrubbed our kitchenette sink, sink accessories, table and hot spots (handles, etc.) with Lysol. Not for the princesses who can't lift a finger to help in its maintenance, but for my comfort. When I got home I wrote in my journal, napped and then went to bed after dinner. Praying some motivation will find me.

Hi Jackie, I'm so happy you popped in and to hear that you are well. My yoga studio is doing one Zoom class daily. The first week was free and now they are requesting $5.00 per class to help keep the studio afloat. The class I participated in was of course good for the exercise, but the seeing and hearing of my teacher, the studio "family" I didn't realize I cared for so much, and all the yoga cats and dogs who participated was cathartic. It is a good service for your students.

Pam how fun that you and Jackie got to Zoom together! Your walk sounds so nice. I might go out on my lunch break.

Cyana good job on your body weight workout. That seems to hit the muscles differently, doesn't it?

Sherry, I'm with you on the washer. I would have got the same. I think the fancier it is the sooner parts will start to crap out. Good job on your cardio - you got a lot more in than I did!

I'm so happy to see you all well. It's very scary here living on the rim of the epicenter. Stay healthy ladies.

One day at a time ... one day at a time ... _/|\_
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 04:13 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Pat: I hear you...one day at a time.

This week I am still working thru some of Cathe's 4 Day Split workouts and premixes. So much variety and a FUN series. New to me and I love it.

Visiting the Power Yoga site so far. Yesterday was a LONG one. Bryan Kest himself and a practice called The Devil Made me do It. One of the comments said it was a gentle class. NOT! The devil was there all right! ;-) So more challenging than I thought but it was really good. I must admit I love having more time for longer practices although I'd rather be back to work.

Today more PY and a Rudy Mettia practice called Plank Walk. Yes lots of long held planks but also a super nice slower flow with other long held poses and stretches. Very good!

Still hoping and praying that everyone will stay well! Scary times but it WILL pass.
HUGS!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 10:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~ePilates: Upper Body With Weights - I felt this one!
~ePilates: Pilates at the Wall - This was really good! A little lower body work but primarily focused on body awareness and the effects of “tech neck & shoulders”. I love these thoughtful workouts of Emma’s, they definitely make me more body aware.
~5 km trail walk
~YC: Shoulder & Neck Release

Welcome back Jackie!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 07:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Greetings everyone!

Yesterday featured:

~ Grocery shopping at senior hour, 7:00 a.m. (yes, it was exercise)
~ A 23 minute cardio/upper body premix on KCM's Start Here
~ YBB abs workout 1

My yoga studio started a 30 day meditation challenge on Zoom. It started this morning; Trish read from a Pema Chodron book then we sat in silence. I am going to send the studio a donation for all they are doing for us for free or for drastically reduced prices.

I'll check back tomorrow and say hi - meanwhile stay safe and healthy girls!

_/\_ _/\_
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 10:55 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone!
I started a new thread for April:
http://www.forum.videofitness.com/sh...d.php?t=228235

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote