Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-18, 02:07 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

we will probably keep it. we order supplements from amazon and have watched many TV series on amazon (we don't have cable).
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 02:35 PM  
antbuko

We'll probably keep it too. The music service is cheaper for Prime members $7.99 / month but I think it needs improvement so I only used it for a month. I do watch Prime video I don't have cable either and I have a few streaming subscriptions in addition to whatever I can get on Prime. I tried cancelling a year or so ago and I really missed it. I'm kind of addicted to it and I do think I get my money's worth.
Old 05-15-18, 03:30 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

I will definitely keep it.

I order from Amazon all the time, use their Music & Video apps (including for some fitness vids), also use their Prime Photos app to store photos. I love their 2-day (sometimes overnight) delivery; I guess I'm lucky because I can't recall a time when their 2-day delivery was late.

All that said, this latest increase does make me ponder what my limit would be--$130, $150? I don't know...

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 06:22 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I don't have to make this decision until January, but I'm leaning towards getting rid of it. I don't buy that much from Amazon and what I do buy doesn't need to be delivered in two days. Plus, I've had quite a few things not even have 2 day shipping as an option anymore. I don't use the video, music or books (I go to the library for that or use their digital options) so not worth it for me. You know they're just going to continue to raise it, so I'm getting off the train now.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 06:40 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I probably will, but mine doesn't renew until January therefore I might stockpile on some items in case I change my mind. I was buying a lot of cat food through there but that slowed as I have just been getting it from a local pet store. I get other pet supplies through there though.

My other half buys quite a bit from Amazon, and I get a good amount of personal/beauty products through there as well which are hard to find in stores so for that reason alone it is probably worth hanging on for at least another year.

I may gauge how much I am using it in the last half and just see. I used to buy a fair amount of DVDs from there, used and new but that has really decreased. Time will tell I guess.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 06:48 PM  
mrsyancy

I’m pretty sure we’re keeping it bc my husband and I buy quite a bit from amazon(unfortunately)

Not sure how much higher we’ll go, but for right now, it’s worth it for us.
Old 05-15-18, 08:55 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I gave up Amazon years ago due to a job loss and needing to conserve money. Prior to that, Amazon was great because I live in a rural area so I have to order online for a lot of what I need, and the 2-day shipping (which was 3 days for my area) helped.

However, after giving it up, I realized how much it was enabling of excessive spending/retail therapy at a time when I was under a lot of stress. I still order certain things like certain supplements from Amazon, but using the free shipping over $25. It also makes me have to think about what I really need v. what I think I need. It does take an extra 2 days to ship, and maybe not having instant gratification is ok.

I have used Prime TV when i had a free month trial, and I liked it, but I'm not sure if I need it.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 09:28 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Not sure yet, but I'm leaning heavily towards getting rid of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
I gave up Amazon years ago due to a job loss and needing to conserve money....
However, after giving it up, I realized how much it was enabling of excessive spending/retail therapy at a time when I was under a lot of stress. I still order certain things like certain supplements from Amazon, but using the free shipping over $25. It also makes me have to think about what I really need v. what I think I need. It does take an extra 2 days to ship, and maybe not having instant gratification is ok.
This sums up how I feel. Having Prime is very convenient, but I sure do spend a lot more money this way, and not all of it is necessary by a long shot.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18, 09:51 PM  
ksleeth
VF Supporter

We share prime with our daughter who lives in another state and split the cost with her. $60 is much more reasonable.
Old 05-15-18, 11:46 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

You still get free shipping with $25, and if things aren’t arriving in 2 days anyway, or you don’t have to have things delivered fast, then it seems to not be worth the cost of Prime.

If you have an Amazon credit card and get 5% back on all purchases, then it is worth it to see how much you order in a year and how much cash you got back. The 5% is for Prime members, but there are other ways to get cash back with Amazon. You get cash back with Ebates.com in various categories, and other credit cards like Discover offer cash back on Amazon purchases. You still get 3% cash back with an Amazon credit card without Prime membership.

I thought $99 was a lot, but $119 is way too much to be worth it for me. I don’t like subscriptions in general.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime