Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-03-18, 12:12 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxF...PY877Zg/videos

I love Wendel, and his new Bootcamp is fantastic!! Cardio and intense strength all in one!!
I'll have to check him out. He has a great variety!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-18, 02:44 PM  
mrsyancy

Yep,I agree. I already only had one subscription, which was Cathe, but I even cxd that bc I find myself doing so many YouTube workouts that I wasn’t using it, so I cxd it. I don’t mind the quality not being as good, bc it’s free content and I’m not expecting it to be. There is truly just so much content to choose from.

I still want to try beach body on demand, but I still haven’t decided when I’m going to take the dive.
Old 05-03-18, 04:11 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I currently have codyapp and they have so much content AND great instruction that I will probably never give it up.
I have found a few instructors that I like on youtube but would miss the instruction.
I would probably stream Cathe if I didn't have all of her workouts
Old 05-03-18, 08:08 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I like HASfit and have done a few of theirs. Their leg workouts are no joke.

I'll have to check out Private Gym.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 06:58 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I've done almost nothing other than YouTube workouts for the past year and a half. Occasionally a Cathe workout, but other than that it's all Fit Body by Julia, Five Parks Yoga, Fitforce FX, FDMX Fitness (for awesome TRX workouts: example-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=372WF3YR5B4), Linda Wooldridge (I also buy many of her downloads) and Yvette Bachmann.

They are amazing and the variety keeps me from getting bored. Julia from Fit Body by Julia is especially extremely prolific. I always have a new workout to do! She's on a maternity hiatus right now, but she was putting out two workouts a week until late into her pregnancy that were still incredibly challenging!
Old 05-04-18, 08:15 AM  
muggle

Was there a thread somewhere here with a list of you tube sites/instructors?
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 11:50 AM  
lingo10

Same, I still I have my dvds, still have some streaming content I have purchased and the videos I downloaded so I have them. But I only have peloton, & Lekfit.

I cut 2 other ones I had. Dont have a gym membership at all, dont need it. Gym money is my subscription.

I love Christine Saulaus (sp?), Millionaire Hoy, and you can do regular searches on popular workouts you like and someone can actually upload the actual video or a follow along video of someone doing it. Many options.

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 05:45 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I've done almost nothing other than YouTube workouts for the past year and a half. Occasionally a Cathe workout, but other than that it's all Fit Body by Julia, Five Parks Yoga, Fitforce FX, FDMX Fitness (for awesome TRX workouts: example-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=372WF3YR5B4), Linda Wooldridge (I also buy many of her downloads) and Yvette Bachmann.

They are amazing and the variety keeps me from getting bored. Julia from Fit Body by Julia is especially extremely prolific. I always have a new workout to do! She's on a maternity hiatus right now, but she was putting out two workouts a week until late into her pregnancy that were still incredibly challenging!
I adore Fit by Julia. She kicks my behind whether she's pregnant or not. I also love Christine Salus, Millionaire Hoy, Yvette Bachman and, of course, Linda Wooldrige. Linda's two new Endurance 90s are a fantastic take on a Tonique type workout.

I will be checking out those TRX workouts. Thanks for mentioning them!
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 01:49 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
Was there a thread somewhere here with a list of you tube sites/instructors?
Muggle, there have been various threads of YouTube by types of exercise (yoga, dance etc) but I've never seen an all inclusive thread of instructors. Not that I have seen anyway.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 02:54 PM  
marki64

I favor Yvette, Fitness Blender and Hasfit YT workouts. Yes, the quality isn't great, but like mrsyancy said, it's free and you get what you don't pay for. I am good with it. I often play my own music and it makes the workout more fun. I really am not interested in paid streaming services, as I just can't do the same instructor's workouts all the time. Even Cathe, who is very repetitious with her moves. It has been fun to explore new workouts every now and then. Now, if I just had more time to play around and do them.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gym membership, youtube, youtube channels