Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-18, 11:39 PM  
mrsyancy

Another paper calendar girl here. I just write down my workout(s) for the day. Nothing really special or extra, just the workout I did for the day and that’s it. Nice and simple for me, bc I’m not a tech savvy kind of girl
Old 03-08-18, 04:55 AM  
maitai

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
The dvd moves from the bottom of the pile to the top of the pile. That's the extent of my tracking. Sigh.
Wow! This is me!
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 05:24 AM  
Tanja

I use a day planner. I also use index cards that I put inside the DVDs. That way I always know when I did the dvd and what weights I used.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 06:42 AM  
weener
VF Supporter

I get Cathe's calendar every year, make stickers of my DVD's. When I do a workout, including walking, I write on the calendar what I did and put a sticker on that day.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 07:09 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I have a Plum Paper weekly planner with the additional monthly fitness pages in the back- I write my workouts on the weekly pages and then eventually transfer them to the monthly fitness recap. I've changed the heading on those pages to Cardio, Strength/Weights, Mix (meaning combo cardio/strength) and Stretch. There I characterize my daily workouts and keep a monthly total of minutes by category.

The page facing the monthly workout summary includes spaces to set goals, record weight, measurements, a monthly fitness plan, etc.

It's not perfect, but it's better than some systems I've tried.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 08:29 AM  
sherry7899

I have a weekly planner where I write down my workouts. I use one with Peanuts characters, which makes me smile when I write in it

I write cardio in pink pen, yoga in purple pen and strength in blue pen so I can easily see which I have done.

I write a total days of exercise at the end of each month.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 10:46 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I have "Workouts" folder on my laptop where I store all my rotations for various instructors, workout schedules, my progress and workout comments. I also keep a calendar there where I log my daily workouts and nothing else.
Old 03-08-18, 01:43 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I just make a quick note in the same excel spreadsheet I use to track my weight and other stuff. I put an (extremely abbreviated) title, workout minutes, number of steps my garmin counted for the activity, and mileage if it's an indoor/outdoor walk.

I'm little worried that some of the titles are so abbreviated that I won't remember what they stand for if I stop doing the dvd regularly but oh well. For example, an entry for doing all of Kristin Dowell's Hi/Lo Recharge looks like this: "60min HLR 6500st".
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 04:41 PM  
Sophia

I just use a weekly desk calendar and write down the workout that I did that day. If none, then a big "0". I'm not one of the lucky ones that enjoys working out. I do it for my weight and ultimately health. I try to do my exercising in such a way that it doesn't become a chore, or I'm afraid I'll quit. Same for keeping track. I want to keep track of how much I work out, but not really all the details. It would be interesting to go back and look and compare, but then it'll become a chore and........
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 04:43 PM  
momofcha

I'm horribly Type A and have an excel document that is color coded to type of workout and how I'm feeling with whatever rotation I'm doing. I've been doing it this way for several years now.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote