Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-18, 09:44 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I just want to clarify in case anyone thought I was picking on her, when I mentioned her form it was just a heads up to those who aren't familiar with her. Sometimes her form has irritated me to the point of stopping, but now that I'm ready for it it's not so bad. I agree her weights are too heavy but her kettlebells are too light for her. That's how she can start swinging them hanging in front of her and not from the ground where I start mine like Lauren does. Also it's how she can walk back and put it away while holding the bell straight out in front of her. I cannot do that with my 12kg or 16 kg bell. I just alter what I do based on what exercise she's doing, sometimes heavier than her and sometimes lighter. We all have physical limitations so we probably do that anyway. I certainly hope she does not stop posting workouts. They are nice and advanced.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 10:15 PM  
mrsyancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I just want to clarify in case anyone thought I was picking on her, when I mentioned her form it was just a heads up to those who aren't familiar with her. Sometimes her form has irritated me to the point of stopping, but now that I'm ready for it it's not so bad. I agree her weights are too heavy but her kettlebells are too light for her. That's how she can start swinging them hanging in front of her and not from the ground where I start mine like Lauren does. Also it's how she can walk back and put it away while holding the bell straight out in front of her. I cannot do that with my 12kg or 16 kg bell. I just alter what I do based on what exercise she's doing, sometimes heavier than her and sometimes lighter. We all have physical limitations so we probably do that anyway. I certainly hope she does not stop posting workouts. They are nice and advanced.
It didn’t sound like you were picking on her at all. You were just pointing out flaws that you saw and that’s fine. As you can see a lot of us notice them also and don’t care bc her workouts are great
Old 02-23-18, 07:19 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

I have not done her workouts because I think they are too advanced for me but dang does she look amazing! Watching her videos I would guess she's in her 20s but looking at her facebook page you can tell she is older. Wow!
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 07:25 AM  
Elyse

I found her workouts a few weeks ago and really like her workouts. I wish she didn’t do splits but did total bodily but I a. Adjusting. Her music is great and the interval style workouts fly by. Can’t believe these workouts are free!
Elyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 09:30 AM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
No I don't think you were picking on her either. But you're right in that it IS important to make notes of proper form. There are people who might do her stuff never realizing the form mistakes. So it is noteworthy to point out.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-18, 12:52 PM  
Lori_Michigan

She must be reading my mind because she put a 45 min kickboxing (no weights or equip) up a few days ago -- great music, not a ton of repeating, easily modifiable, a real calorie burner for me (400 cals in 43 mins!)

She also did a 30 min heavy weight only workout which really kicked my butt yesterday, and I am still sore from this...

I hope she continues to offer free workouts, finally advanced workouts with good music!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-18, 01:33 PM  
marki64

Maybe she is reading this thread. I also wished she didn't do splits, but still am looking for the right opportunity to try her workouts.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-18, 02:50 PM  
Butter

I really liked the 45-minute kickboxing workout too. *Almost* too many jumping jacks, but she alternates with some lower impact (but intense - this workout never lets up) moves, so my knees survived. The time flew by! I will do this again. I think it's a great mood-lifting workout

I also tried the Kettlebell Cardio Mashup (because it looked like one of her shorter and easier workouts at 57 minutes It was really fun and also flew by. I don't know enough to judge her kettlebell form, but I did modify a bit because I like to keep impact out of any move where I am holding a kettlebell.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 06:11 PM  
marki64

I did my 1st Yvette today. I did a cardio hiit. It was good. Bad form or not, I got a good sweaty cardio workout. This is what Cathe use to be. This workout got me to realize that Cathe just doesn't do it for me anymore. I only did 40 min. Of Yvette's, but she really kept it going. This is the problem with Cathe's newer offerings, they just aren't tough enough. She is focusing on heavier weight workouts and that just isn't my thing. I think Yvette keeps it moving, Cathe takes too long of breaks and says " you feeling it?" No, I'm not. I can't wait to do another one. The music gets annoying as I can't stand todays dance music. But its tough! She doesn't talk much either which I like.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 06:51 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I did her latest moderate impact step with bi/triceps and shoulders, burned 550 calories in the hour. I also like how she just keeps going, and I also feel like these are how Cathe used to be for me. Tough but still fun, and I really like her music, which is quite a big deal for me. I really feel done afterward, but in a good way, like I really pushed myself. I hope she does some more 45 min ones!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
youtube, yvette bachman