Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-19-13, 10:57 AM  
thaispice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila_says View Post
For me the first series was neither sufficiently advanced nor creative to be worth the price & the time (although I still use it). This series, on the other hand is great, kind of like the perfect melding of Tonique, Horizontal Conditioning & P57.
Another follow-up question for you, Lila -- in what ways did you think the first series was not advanced? I consider my fitness level to be pretty high, and I find the first series somewhat dread-inducing. Do you consider the Original DB advanced?
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-13, 11:34 AM  
lila_says

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaispice View Post
Another follow-up question for you, Lila -- in what ways did you think the first series was not advanced? I consider my fitness level to be pretty high, and I find the first series somewhat dread-inducing. Do you consider the Original DB advanced?
Oh sorry to have been misleading, the emphasis was on 'sufficiently'. I do think the first series is advanced, as is the first DB dvd, I also occasionally feel the dread-factor with those. While their rushed nature doesn't really bother me, I think it it alternately serves to either reduce or increase the difficulty level in the previous dvds, as opposed to the moves themselves being more or less challenging. I hope that makes sense.

Just as I knew right away that Tonique BTM was my top purchase of 2013, I know that for me this series is a very close 2nd place.
lila_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-13, 12:22 PM  
Linda KH
VF Supporter

Just did MILF again this morning, and really enjoyed it. I like that the plank work is mixed in the cardio - usually I skip ab work, but since this segment is short (<2 minutes per round), I work through it. I really don't like doing three rounds of the exercises, though. I wish they would have made more segments and then gone just twice through. By the third round I was burned out.

Someone mentioned in another thread how little space these workouts take up, and I really appreciate that. It's nice to be able to keep the gear close by without having to worry about moving them out of my way later. Plus my cat has recently decided to "work out" with me and he usually lays in the middle of my workout space. With these workouts I don't have to worry about moving him (he bites ).
Old 08-19-13, 12:25 PM  
thaispice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila_says View Post
Oh sorry to have been misleading, the emphasis was on 'sufficiently'. I do think the first series is advanced, as is the first DB dvd, I also occasionally feel the dread-factor with those. While their rushed nature doesn't really bother me, I think it it alternately serves to either reduce or increase the difficulty level in the previous dvds, as opposed to the moves themselves being more or less challenging. I hope that makes sense.

Just as I knew right away that Tonique BTM was my top purchase of 2013, I know that for me this series is a very close 2nd place.
I *think* I understand. Part of my dread with the DBs is that even though they have a dread factor I don't always feel like I've accomplished a good workout afterwards. Thanks for the clarification!
Old 08-19-13, 12:39 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaispice View Post
I *think* I understand. Part of my dread with the DBs is that even though they have a dread factor I don't always feel like I've accomplished a good workout afterwards. Thanks for the clarification!
Wow, really? you must be in incredible shape. These slay me every single time! Nice job!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-13, 01:45 PM  
thaispice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Wow, really? you must be in incredible shape. These slay me every single time! Nice job!
Now my turn to clarify -- by the end of the workout, I am doing less reps than them and/or modifying. Maybe that's why I don't feel like i"m getting a good workout!!
Old 08-20-13, 04:22 PM  
edensmom

Fusion 50 was awesome!

I loved this workout. I really really like Brooke. She has great charisma, a fun personality and an inspiring physique. I LOVED Fusion and assumed/hoped I would like this one too. It didn't disappoint.

Some highlights: downdog with kick then one-legged jump, shoulder pushup with butt kick. Yowza! Overall this one felt easier than inTENse for sure--I did not modify nearly as much. One modification I had to use with the tricep dip where you slide your hips back in between your hands--I HAD to put my hands on yoga blocks. My arms are too short. My butt was on the ground otherwise and there was no sliding anywhere! Still a very tough fun workout. I burned like 430 cals. That is a lot for me.

This set has totally met my expectations so far!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-13, 04:36 PM  
momofcha

I'm still loving too. Just noticed some nice tricep definition that is courtesy of DB. I couldn't be more pleased as I love arm definition.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-13, 05:20 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
I'm still loving too. Just noticed some nice tricep definition that is courtesy of DB. I couldn't be more pleased as I love arm definition.
They really design the workouts with a woman's trouble spots in mind: triceps, abs, butt/thighs. I have yet to see any of the killer inner thigh work featured in the first set...but they will mix together well. Both sets, i mean.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-13, 05:30 PM  
momof10

Quote:
I am loving these, too, much more than the first set. I am in the minority in that I loved Bikini Bootcamp, too. I have the perfect band that works my triceps and obliques until they are on fire. The only one I haven't done is Bata Barre, which I will do this week, yet, since you said you loved it. These were well worth the money. These workouts work all my muscles and when I am done I feel tighter and accomplished.

I also agree that they are a blend of Tonique, Horizontal Conditioning and Physique 57. My only problem is, I want to do them everyday along with my Tonique.

On yea, my triceps are looking awesome, too. I did Intense this morning and my quads were on fire. I did do Tonique before it, though. I think the wall squats while doing arm work and holding the ball between my knees is what gets my quads on fire. I think the wall squat is at least 6 minutes. I will time it next time. I always keep my squat at a 90 degree angle, too.

Cheryl

Tags
dream body