Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-09-08, 11:53 AM  
dahila

I am in love!! The Extremes!

I recently bought High Low Extreme and Kickbox Extreme by Amy and I just love them!! I have over 100 DVDs and these are the ones I can't get enough of and want to do them every week! My other workouts are getting neglected, even my Cathe's. I just gotta say these are fun! What workouts can't You get enough of and want to do over and over?
dahila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 12:00 PM  
smilesolovely

You need to try her new Hi/Lo Knockout. It's even more fun and the music is the best!

Liz
smilesolovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 12:05 PM  
pharma_gal

I have all of Amy's workout and the Xtreme series is my fav - I love HiLo, KBX and APX..Her newest HiLo Knockout is at par with the Xtreme series..

I also love the challenge series but not as much as the Xtreme. KBX is far better than In The Ring too!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 12:16 PM  
Calistro

I really like in the ring and I dont know why, but I do like kickbox xtreme too

Calistro
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 12:18 PM  
Ciddy

Your post is very timely for me. I've been including these two workouts into my weekly workouts and I just love them as well. I had put Hi/Lo on the back burner for a while, but I've started doing it again. I love that Amy's hi/lo is more athletic. I'm not a dancey person, so her workouts are perfect for me. I just did KBX the other morning and it kicked my butt. So far I only like In The Ring, but I'm hoping that will change the more I do it, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE KBX.

I think Amy has really found her niche with hi/lo. Her hi/lo workouts are the best I own and Hi/Lo Knockout is no exception. It's a fantastic workout.
Ciddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 01:07 PM  
mtnmom

When I first tried KBX, I was so frustrated. I wasn't used to her cueing and the moves weren't intuitive to me. I was more used to a "fierce" sort of kickboxing, not the hybrid Amy was doing. But I really liked the music and Amy's personality and stuck with it until I got it (or modified moves to my liking).

It still intimidates me to some degree, and I'll put off doing it. But then when I do it, I wonder why I don't do it more often because it's such fun!

I'm that way right now with In the Ring - still on the learning curve.
Old 05-09-08, 01:28 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

Amy's Hi/Lo Dome Challenge is really fun, too -- I've never even looked at the "dome" part, but the hi/lo routine is probably my second favorite of all time (after Hi/Lo Heaven, of course!).

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 02:48 PM  
gigi

Amy is one of my favorites!
Right now if I HAD to pick my two favorites I'd pick ASC2 and HiLow Knockout! I also enjoy In the Ring, HiLow Dome Challenge, HLX, KBX, SloMo, Cardio Pump Step, Cardio Pump HiLow.....
Old 05-10-08, 12:11 AM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahila
I recently bought High Low Extreme and Kickbox Extreme by Amy and I just love them!! I have over 100 DVDs and these are the ones I can't get enough of and want to do them every week! My other workouts are getting neglected, even my Cathe's. I just gotta say these are fun! What workouts can't You get enough of and want to do over and over?
I don't have any workouts like that (I like a lot of variety, LOL) but I think you'd really enjoy Hi/Lo Knockout! I really, really like this one--it moves right along at a nice, brisk, pace. It is more intense than both Hi/Lo Dome Workout and Hi/Lo Xtreme. (However, HLX has a special place in my heart--Amy really made me love hi/lo again. She is the queen of intense, athletic hi/lo, in my opinion.) I'd say you should try to trade or purchase both Hi/Lo Dome and Hi/Lo Knockout, preferably Hi/Lo Knockout (if you don't mind some high impact. Hi/Lo Dome is also great, but somewhat less intense. I also don't particularly like the dome workout. You can't go wrong with any of Amy's hi/lo!
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 05:57 PM  
tapdancer

I'm An Amy "Newbie"

I bought Amy's Hi/Lo Extreme and I'm getting ready to buy CIA 2805: All Cardio Hi-Low Knockout and then I'll think about some others too. Since I have been exercising steadily for about 6 years, it is getting more difficult to find challenging routines.

"To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful. This is power, it is glory on earth and it is yours for the taking."

~Agnes De Milles~

tapdancer is offline   Reply With Quote