Old 11-28-15, 02:27 PM  
eeyore

Leslie Sansome Walk Leader

Has anyone attend a session with a Leslie Sansone
Walk Leader? How did you like it?
eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-15, 06:35 PM  
firmaniac

Did you see this clip of a master class on youtube, Judy? It looks crowded! m.youtube.com/watch?v=WHTFEWt7QCc

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-15, 06:47 PM  
eeyore

Thanks Julie! I think this looks like a nice age appropriate retirement goal! I'll bet you could do something like this at your place. At 10 dollars apiece three days a week, not bad.
Old 11-28-15, 07:35 PM  
TinierTina

Any Age, Any Time Walk Live ... ?

Maybe a second career at any age, because it looks like there is a market (age group that the instructor may subconsciously be identified with) that spans more than just the over 45 y.o. (daytime class-taking) demographic in their offerings ...

Not that I know too much about "walk aerobics" ...:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog...leslie_sansone

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-15, 07:51 PM  
eeyore

Tina I'm 62 and looking to keep busy. There are many out there like me who jumped on the 89's aerobics band wagon and aren't ready to roll over yet.
Old 11-28-15, 08:05 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
Tina I'm 62 and looking to keep busy. There are many out there like me who jumped on the 89's aerobics band wagon and aren't ready to roll over yet.
Oh, yeah.

Well, I am 61 myself. Not particularly "retired from the job market" now. But could never in a million years teach this (live classes). It would have been nice (I'd been on a similar, parallel bandwagon, too) to have had (as a student) classes like that when I'd been 29; and not just Jazzercise (the old-school, low-impact version that they used to teach in live classes) ... Richard Simmons' Anatomy Asylum had been wayyy out of my price and commitment range, where I'd lived. I've been overwhelmingly low-impact since my car accident 36 years ago.

So, maybe it all depends what time of day or week the instructor who teaches Leslie's methods wants to teach ....

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
Old 11-29-15, 08:45 AM  
firmaniac

This thread made me google and one thread was Leslie Sansone Walk Leader Top 7 Profiles on LinkedIn LOL Judy, that would be a blast to do here in Oldie's, but the gals (and guys) who walk daily do so with their tiny doggies. I'd have to adapt the routine so everyone could have their pets hahaha

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
Old 11-29-15, 12:41 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaniac View Post
This thread made me google and one thread was Leslie Sansone Walk Leader Top 7 Profiles on LinkedIn LOL Judy, that would be a blast to do here in Oldie's, but the gals (and guys) who walk daily do so with their tiny doggies. I'd have to adapt the routine so everyone could have their pets hahaha
Google "doga" and "yoga with dogs". If it could be done for yoga, maybe it could be done for Leslie-inspired workouts. Yoga commercializers have ripped off a personal, private, conscious practice. It couldn't take that much imagination to rip off how they managed to incorporate dogs (or at least cats) - I say this as someone fearful of felines ... ...Anyway, this workout, is 100 times better for cardiovascular health for us humans, anyway ...

-Bettina

Old 11-29-15, 03:32 PM  
firmaniac

I can't fully fathom the noise or distraction going on during doggie yoga, Bettina. As far as the senior (well, 55+ Community is Senior here in Oregon) community we live in, I'd have to be verrry persuasive to convince penny pinching folks to pay for something they already enjoy for free, eh?

Old 11-30-15, 12:19 AM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaniac View Post
I can't fully fathom the noise or distraction going on during doggie yoga, Bettina. As far as the senior (well, 55+ Community is Senior here in Oregon) community we live in, I'd have to be verrry persuasive to convince penny pinching folks to pay for something they already enjoy for free, eh?
Um, market this to all ages and fitness levels ? Try to bring it out of the Seniors' Homeowner Development, if you could ... Walk Live, I guess, has become the new Jazzercise ... as long as they don't go the boutique fitness route, that is ...

Branding and personality win out over the quotidian dog-walk.

Also, did you see this article ? http://www.prevention.com/fitness/sp...ories?cid=soc_ How fast could some people walk ? ... Walk aerobics can mimic speed and hills (and will work with my heel spurs, bad knees and plantar fasciitis, as an added bonus ...)

I wonder if they make the Walk Leaders Talk the Walk the way Leslie herself does ... I like a talky instructor; I have never muted her (but then again, having been a non-vidiot, I am new to Leslie ... and nearly everybody else around and kickin' up the videosphere in the '90s)

Jazzercise teachers talked more than other low impact aerobics teachers, back in the day; but not as much as Judi Sheppard Missett (Jazzercise founder) did on the videos.

I had gotten to work out with Judi live; and she sure did not keep up the patter (it had been a Jazzercize-a-thon, though; so she'd have had to keep it up for hours ...)

-Bettina

Tags
fitness instructors, leslie sansone, live classes, low impact cardio, walk aerobics