Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-15, 01:17 PM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Why would you support Cathe by buying her products and subscribing to On Demand if she banned you from her forum? She obviously doesn't want your business.

Hope I'm not out of line by asking. I'm just curious.

Erica
I was wondering the same thing. Obviously some people take things less personally than others.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 01:32 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
I just posted my disappointment on her Facebook page, but I'm "banned for life" from her site so I can't post over there.

Regarding canceling the preorder due to crappy premixes--since the only reason I ordered the DVD version is so I don't miss out on premixes, it would make sense to cancel if they are all similar to what she's posted. I subscribe to her On Demand, so I'd still have access to all the material. I will end up making my own premixes with the Workout Blender either way, but I was hoping to have some of it done for me...
Wendy, were you banned as part of the deletion of posts that criticized the STS music several years ago? That was a crazy time. If you would like to post over there, couldn't you register on the forum under a new name?
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 02:14 PM  
wendy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Why would you support Cathe by buying her products and subscribing to On Demand if she banned you from her forum? She obviously doesn't want your business.

Hope I'm not out of line by asking. I'm just curious.

Erica
I don't take it personally that I've been "banned for life". I find it sort of amusing that they can't handle criticism. I was a bit rude on her forum, and I think it did go against the guidelines, so I was expecting to be banned when I posted what I posted (which I really don't remember, it was so long ago).

I support her business because in general I think her products are excellent. Just because I don't agree with everything she (or the people she works with) says or does, doesn't affect my enjoyment of her workouts.

You're not out of line for asking--I can seem myself questioning someone if I heard something similar. I just don't have a personal relationship with Cathe-so I don't feel personally hurt by being banned, and it definitely isn't enough for me to not use her workouts. I'm not fanatic about Cathe--I can see her faults and accept them.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 02:20 PM  
wendy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Wendy, were you banned as part of the deletion of posts that criticized the STS music several years ago? That was a crazy time. If you would like to post over there, couldn't you register on the forum under a new name?
I can't remember what exactly it was over. I feel like it was longer ago than that... I think at some point I did create a new user, but I rarely visit her forum, and rarely ever posted in the first place, so I don't know what that username was. I suppose I could do it again to post about these premixes, but I don't think it would make a difference, so...

My post on Facebook is enough for me I'm wondering if I'll get a response. I imagine if I do it will dispute the fact that these are not creative premixes, and it will go on about how much more they offer than other companies, and if I'm not happy with them I can cancel my preorder... Or, Cathe herself will say "Thanks for your feedback, Wendy!"

It's weird that they created the Workout Blender, made a whole video ad for it, and they have access to the kind of premixes their users create, and they still made such lame, cut and paste premixes...
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 02:24 PM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
I don't take it personally that I've been "banned for life". I find it sort of amusing that they can't handle criticism. I was a bit rude on her forum, and I think it did go against the guidelines, so I was expecting to be banned when I posted what I posted (which I really don't remember, it was so long ago).

I support her business because in general I think her products are excellent. Just because I don't agree with everything she (or the people she works with) says or does, doesn't affect my enjoyment of her workouts.

You're not out of line for asking--I can seem myself questioning someone if I heard something similar. I just don't have a personal relationship with Cathe-so I don't feel personally hurt by being banned, and it definitely isn't enough for me to not use her workouts. I'm not fanatic about Cathe--I can see her faults and accept them.
From what I remember of that time, as a silent bystander, you were not the least bit rude. Unless rude=saying you don't like some aspect of Cathe's products. Which, on her forums, it probably is the rule that only glowing praise is acceptable. It would be interesting to go back and read that thread again. For Halloween.

ETA: I may be misremembering who is who, and who got in trouble for posting what. Here is a thread that maybe Fitboop was referring to? http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=149106

Maybe you weren't involve in this situation, wendy2?

Since its come up, does everybody agree that this event in 2010 had a chilling effect on Cathe's forum, and anybody who wanted to give constructive criticism just melted away from there? I haven't looked at her forum in a long time, but when I used to look there from time to time, that was the sense I got.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 02:33 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
From what I remember of that time, as a silent bystander, you were not the least bit rude. Unless rude=saying you don't like some aspect of Cathe's products. Which, on her forums, it probably is the rule that only glowing praise is acceptable. It would be interesting to go back and read that thread again. For Halloween.
I post over there occasionally, but unless you declare a Cathe workout the BEST WORKOUT EVER, you're seen as overly-critical by some of the regulars there.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 02:47 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I post over there occasionally, but unless you declare a Cathe workout the BEST WORKOUT EVER, you're seen as overly-critical by some of the regulars there.
I used to be a regular poster. In fact some of my very best friends are from the original Cathe forums. This was back before P90X and working out at home became common. What a great group of people! Now, I don't even visit. I find no value in a uni-lateral point of view. I love Cathe's workouts, and I like her personality that comes across, but I have no desire to meet her in person. I'm sure she's lovely in person, though.
Old 10-26-15, 02:55 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
I used to be a regular poster. In fact some of my very best friends are from the original Cathe forums. This was back before P90X and working out at home became common. What a great group of people! Now, I don't even visit. I find no value in a uni-lateral point of view. I love Cathe's workouts, and I like her personality that comes across, but I have no desire to meet her in person. I'm sure she's lovely in person, though.
Cathe is nice in person.

I found VF through Cathe's forum ages ago. Things have changed so much since then. Her business has grown enormously, she has a new gym, and the number of people on her forum and who follow her is huge now in comparison to then. I stopped posting at her forum a long time ago.

Most websites and forums set up by an instructor are not tolerant of much criticism. That's why it's good to have VF---an instructor-free zone (so we think, anyway ).
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 02:56 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:

ETA: I may be misremembering who is who, and who got in trouble for posting what. Here is a thread that maybe Fitboop was referring to? http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=149106

Since its come up, does everybody agree that this event in 2010 had a chilling effect on Cathe's forum, and anybody who wanted to give constructive criticism just melted away from there? I haven't looked at her forum in a long time, but when I used to look there from time to time, that was the sense I got.
That was my thread and most people who offered any constructive criticism had their post deleted and they were banned from the forum. Chris called those people (customers) "weeds" which I thought was incredibly rude. Interestingly, I was not banned! I haven't purchased anything from Cathe since then and don't go to her forum. I was appalled by the way they treated customers.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 03:33 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:

I think people began to drift away before that. It turned from being intelligent friendly discussions and the occasional debate, to being less tolerant to alternative view points. People began to go only to the check ins, then we moved the check ins. I was a member of the Cheetahs (my signature on Cathe is style Cheeky Cycling Cheetah ) and we were runners. We got to feeling stalked and I think some time in 2006 or 2007 we moved to our own forums. Then Facebook became really popular and we disbanded. I'm still friends with a lot of them, and the OALers from the Cathe forums. Ever single woman that I've met from those early forum days has been amazing - and yes, I've been lucky to meet quite a few.

Tags
cathe, cathe ice series, flex train, ice, ice reviews, peripheral heart action