Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-18-15, 02:36 PM  
ellaenchanted

Cathe ICE series updates, shipping, reviews

I am hoping to keep this thread focused on the actual series. I didn't pre-order because I want to see what intermediate actually looks like in these workouts. But, I do want to follow updates and get impressions and personal experiences/reviews from other VFers on the series.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-15, 02:40 PM  
froggy

Great idea! I wasn't even interested in these until I read that they are supposed to be intermediate. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for impressions.
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-15, 04:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I did pre-order and I'm also anxious to see what "intermediate" means, Cathe style! I would love it if she presented modifications along the line of what Amy Dixon does in her Breathless series---each participant does a different version of the same or similar alternative at various levels. I also hope it means moves that can be modified "up."

Also agree it's a great idea to start a new thread. The other one is very long and definitely diverged from the original topic, as long threads tend to do.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-15, 04:26 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Cathe has a great Pinterest board about the ICE series. (The photos make me want to buy some new workout clothes ).

On her Facebook page, she mentioned that there are going to be short workouts called ICE Meltdowns. Sounds great!

From Cathe:
ICE Muscle Meltdowns
Chances are you have more time to exercise than you think. Let go of the idea that you can’t benefit from exercise sessions that are less than 20 minutes or you have to space them out a certain way. Take control of your time and take advantage of the minutes you have to do a short workout – and think about how good you’ll feel afterwards. With ICE we give numerous ways to to resistance train, including Upper Body and Lower Body, Total Body and Single Muscle Group Muscle Meltdowns. If your short on time our single body part option takes less than 20 mins. Though Muscle Meltdowns are short they have been designed to thoroughly work each muscle group!
Six of the ICE DVDs come with a bonus ICE Muscle Meltdown. Each ICE Muscle Meltdown features a single strength training body part that you can do at the end of your workout.
Since most ICE Muscle Meltdowns are only about 15 minutes they're perfect for days when you don't have time for a longer workout or when you want to mix a little strength training with your ICE cardio workout and still be done in less than hour.
ICE Muscle Meltdowns can be done by all fitness levels since the intensity is mainly controlled by the weight you select.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-15, 07:10 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

These are intriguing me more and more. I can't wait to see clips. Thanks for sharing Cathe's message, Abbe.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-15, 07:14 PM  
desderata

I really, really hope they do a good job with the premixes on this set - I'm encouraged that she is talking about combining muscle meltdowns into lower and upper body and - yay!! - a total body workout. I sooo hope these are good, well thought out premixes like those in the Intensity series.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-15, 07:59 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Cathe has a great Pinterest board about the ICE series. (The photos make me want to buy some new workout clothes ).

On her Facebook page, she mentioned that there are going to be short workouts called ICE Meltdowns. Sounds great!

From Cathe:
ICE Muscle Meltdowns
Chances are you have more time to exercise than you think. Let go of the idea that you can’t benefit from exercise sessions that are less than 20 minutes or you have to space them out a certain way. Take control of your time and take advantage of the minutes you have to do a short workout – and think about how good you’ll feel afterwards. With ICE we give numerous ways to to resistance train, including Upper Body and Lower Body, Total Body and Single Muscle Group Muscle Meltdowns. If your short on time our single body part option takes less than 20 mins. Though Muscle Meltdowns are short they have been designed to thoroughly work each muscle group!
Six of the ICE DVDs come with a bonus ICE Muscle Meltdown. Each ICE Muscle Meltdown features a single strength training body part that you can do at the end of your workout.
Since most ICE Muscle Meltdowns are only about 15 minutes they're perfect for days when you don't have time for a longer workout or when you want to mix a little strength training with your ICE cardio workout and still be done in less than hour.
ICE Muscle Meltdowns can be done by all fitness levels since the intensity is mainly controlled by the weight you select.
I saw this too. I love the sound of these

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-15, 08:16 PM  
ellaenchanted

That pinterest board looks great. Will Cathe put out a rotation?
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-15, 08:31 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I see Cathe posted the same thing on Facebook.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-15, 09:11 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I see Cathe posted the same thing on Facebook.
Yeah that's where she saw it. Amazing picture too.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe ice series, flex train, ice, ice reviews, peripheral heart action